“Italian food in Japan usually looks like Italian but tastes like Japanese - but not here!”

Trattoria Italia Ueno
Ranked #184 of 4,230 Restaurants in Taito
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Ueno, Asakusa
Neighborhood: Ueno, Asakusa
France
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I found this place completely by accident. I'd asked a girl in the street for a steak house and she sent me to an Italian. Oh why can't foreigners speak better English, I'll never know! Anyway, I ended up at this very friendly and quite authentic looking trattoria, albeit on the 4th floor of a block of appartments above a TGI Fridays.
I ordered spag bol and a bottle of Sicilian red. The spag bol looked like it should and, more importantly, tasted like it should. The red was a little bit too cold but warmed up a treat and the prices were good.
My two colleagues agreed with me that we would definitely go back there again, Well done Trattoria Italia!

• Visited April 2013