“Nice kitchen stuffs”

and up
Asakusa and Ryogoku Walking Tour with Sumo Wrestler
Ranked #10 of 291 things to do in Taito
More attraction details
Owner description: The stores in this neighborhood sell kitchen equipment and paper supplies to the city's restaurants. Of note are the specialty plastic food items, which are placed in restaurant windows to show passersby what goodies are being served inside.
Montreal, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice kitchen stuffs”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice shops to buy kitchen wear. Nice shops, tens of tehm, cafes, and high energy, as you would fine anwhere in Tokyo. The staff usually does not speak much english though

Visited June 2012

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Pottery for everybody”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

if you have time..check out Kappabashi. I can spend an afternoon here shopping for pottery. you will even see the "fake plastic" food that the restaurants display. something for everyone! crowded on weekends..best to go on weekday if possible. Metro information.. Ginza Line. Tawaramachi Station...exit 3

Visited October 2012
6 Thank Robin509
Tokyo, Japan
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“My favorite place in Tokyo”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

There is just so much to see here, and the restaurant industry here has more stars than Paris and New York combined. So you can imagine they use some pretty cool stuff in their cooking. I LOVE looking through this area, and it is accessible to common people as the cookie cutter selection is outrageous, as is reasonably priced ceramics and mugs. Don't worry, they will painstakingly wrap everything for the plane (by plane in Japanese=hikoki de, also presento works for saying it will be a gift).

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Lindsey N
Miami Beach, Florida
376 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 271 helpful votes
“Fun for someone decorating a kitchen”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Lots of kitchenware and actually a very fun street. There is nothing to eat which is ironic. Lots of interesting people. You have not llived till you have seen a lady in high heels and a fork costume.

Visited June 2012
Misousri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“One of the most FUN places I visited in Tokyo”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I visited Kappabashi one of the days my husband was busy and I was on my own. After being disappointed with the Tsukiji fish market [dark and dirty] I wondered about this destination. Not to Worry – it was a BLAST!

First – how to get there. Take the Ginza line to Tawaramachi station and go out Exit #3. Immediately turn right and right again at the corner. You are on Asakusa Ave. Walk 3 blocks and turn right onto Kappabashi dori . You will see the big chef’s head.

The shops line both sides of the street for several blocks. There were shops that catered just to bakers, cooking, plastic food, knives [gorgeous and expensive] ,chop sticks, and lots of great pottery places. I bought a specific kind of dumpling sieve I could not get in the states. This was also the best place I found for gift packs of chop sticks. I paid 300 yen for a 5 pack of very nice unadorned wooden ones. I think this is a great place to buy gifts. If I could have carried back platters and bowls I would have – they were lovely and not expensive. The shop owners were helpful and more than willing to give me their business cards so I could keep track of where I had seen items I wanted to go back for. This was important as there were so many places, sensory overload set in.

As a fanatic cook, I just loved Kappabashi!

Visited July 2012