“Nice hotel in a great location”

Agora Place Asakusa
Ranked #21 of 123 Hotels / Ryokan in Taito
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've stayed in several different hotels in Tokyo and this was one of the nicer ones due to their renovations. Electronic keys that you can take with you, modern room features, regular bathroom, etc made for a pleasant stay. Visited a friend at another popular hotel in Ueno and felt like a king in comparison to his room. There were a couple of hiccups though. Room A/C was basically a fan control so you can alter the temps. Wifi is not stable so I used the wired connection. Washing machine also doubled as a drier but the cost was too high compared to other hotels I've stayed in. One of the best features was the location which is right by the start of the Asakusa area with easy access to the Ginza train line which is one of the most useful trains in Tokyo. Two convinience stores within one minute walk as well as some nice local places to eat rounded out things nicely. Best of all, the room was $37 per night. I plan on returning here next trip to Tokyo.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Small hotel ,very small room (semi double room) but great location close to tawaramachi metro station at asakusa area
And we got the promotion price so it's very cheap nice hotel in tokyo that not easy to find things cheap
The toileteries are free and they change the towel everyday

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank NuNeung
Reviewed May 17, 2013

the location is good, just 1 minute from the subway. and there is a convenience store just 30 seconds away.
the room will be very small for men, but good enough for a average woman to move around. the room is a bit dark as the lightening is not quite enough. but if you're there only for sleeping then it is not that of a big deal at all. the fridge is a bit too small though, I cannot fit my drink into the fridge straight.
you can basically rent or buy things you need pretty much in the lobby if you are staying in the basic plan and do not get any amenity in the room. Or if you need something extra, like I rent a humidifier just for fun since it does not cost that much at all.

for those who does not find elevators in Tawara-machi station, if you see the signs carefully in the station, it actually has a sign of elevator and directs you to a special exit, you can only take elevator to the ground floor at that exit. And after getting out of the elevator just turn right on the main street, and then turn right again before the cross then you will find the hotel, it's very easy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed 1 night with my father. The room was small but everything was new, except bathroom. It is located next metro station, Kaminarimon, restaurants etc. The breakfast was not includes. I cost 800 yens but now big deal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelover_sp
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed in agora place in the last 4 nights that I was in japan. It is 15 min walking distance to asakusa and there is a lot of old shop that sells things and food at very reasonable price. A bit far from the city but a good place to stay in if this is not your first trip to tokyo and you want to explore other neighbourhood in tokyo. The hotel price is reasonable and the room is contemporary with modern design and not small at all. It is very near the train station as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Dissappointed with this hotel. Broken toilet seat and flush, dirty bathroom. The room is incredibly small, the receptionist was not professional. I would not recommend anyone to stay here.. The only positive side is the hotel is located 3 mins walk from the subway (ginza Line).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Diva D
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I really hated my stay at this hotel. This was my second hotel in Tokyo during my trip. The room was really small. Smaller compared to my previous hotel at Jimbocho but we paid more for this Asakusa hotel.

The receptionist was not very professional. They charge for everything. The only upside was the free wifi in the rooms. Altho that was not very stable as well.

The hotel looks good from tripadvisor photos and lobby. It looked clean even though the receptionists dressed in what looked like pajamas. They didn't even greet us whenever we come in.

The area being an older area is not very clean. There is also only 1 line serving from the nearest station so getting around was quite a hassle. It is a good spot for visiting the north Tokyo areas though.

The bathroom of this hotel is old, the toilet quite rundown. There was no heated seat and the bidet machine wasn't working properly. Shampoos, soap and conditioner was standard and they only gave a bit so we ended up buying one of the travel sized shiseido shampoos. Much better than what they provide. Our previous hotel had wonderful soaps and shampoo we loved it so much. Shower wise was also not good. Corners of the sink and bathtub was moldy and gross.

We had problems with heating. It was beginning to be quite warm during the trip and the central system only had heater. We asked the receptionists and were told to just open the window if it is too hot. So we did and it was a little annoying and sometimes a little noisy with all the tourists in the area. We also had problems with the safety box. We had to call in the staff to fix it. turns out the battery popped out of the case. That's just plain dodgy.

We also did laundry here but would not recommend it. There were only 2 machines and the one we used didn't dry our clothes even after we dried it twice. We ended up wasting our money and still had to hang dry the clothes back in the room.

There were very little space to put our luggage and hang our jackets. If we wanted more clothes hanger we would have to pay for them. If we wanted extra anything we would have to pay. Ridiculous.

There were no breakfast included but luckily with Japan there are always nearby convenience store to get some food.

I would NEVER return nor recommend this hotel at all. I'm sure there are plenty other better value hotels.

Room Tip: Tip? Find other hotel. seriously.