“Nature”

Ranked #3 of 358 things to do in Taito
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This large park is a favorite destination of Tokyo residents, and within can be found many of the city's main attractions including the Tokyo National Museum, Ueno zoo and the National Museum of Western Art.
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I went here often because its near to my bf office. The park is in the center of the city, lot of Japanese & foreigner goes here cause its public park that also have small temple. I always practice to ride my bicycle here before & I love to sat on the bench after I rode my bicycle, I've just look at the duck in the river & watch sunset... If your hungry you can eat in restaurant inside the park or near by restaurant they have lot of restaurant near by like mcdo, Fridays & so on...

There are newer reviews for Ueno Park

Reviewed September 20, 2013

It's not the most beautiful/biggest/tidiest/... Park I've seen (even in Tokyo), but its worth a visit if you are already in Ueno. It provides a peaceful place with some attractions like temples, shrines and even a small amusement park for kids.

!!!! BUT BEWARE OF THOSE FAKE MONKS !!!!

The two times we were there we had been approached by old men in brown robes and white hats with little Buddha-pictures in their hands. The first time we listened - as naive as we were - but when he "asked" (or better pushed) for a donation of 20000 Yen (yep, the number is correct) at the entrance of a Shinto shrine (yep, that's not his religion) we smelled that something must be fishy. WE REPORTED IT ALREADY TO THE POLICE (their box is between the Zoo entrance and the main gate), who was pretty surprised by those unwanted pests in "their" park. So if you see one/talk to one (we even saw one in Akihabara), report it to the nearest Police station, since they seem to operate Tokyo wide. They had some problems with understanding simple English first, but drawing and an English speaking operator on the phone did the job quite well.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

there is a zoo in ueno park which one can enter for 600yen, which is really affordable! there are also many shrines, temples and museums in and around ueno park, so those who are looking to learn more about japanese culture can be richly rewarded by a visit there too.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Ueno Park has much to offer. It's HUGE and it includes the Ueno Zoo, Shinobazu Pond, various museums, and sightseeing landmarks. I've never seen so much green in a city before.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

It felt like we stumbled into a locals only park. A beauitful park, strolling down the street. Getting coffee by the pond. A great place to refresh from the big city. An easy train ride to and from the park.