“Thoughtful, comfortable and excellent service”

THE GATE HOTEL Asakusa Kaminarimon by HULIC
Ranked #4 of 121 Hotels / Ryokan in Taito
Denver
“Thoughtful, comfortable and excellent service”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

There's something very wonderful and unique about the Gate Hotel. My experience started with the friendly and professional reception at the front desk upon arrival after a long overseas trip. The Balcony Suite is well-appponted with many amenities and extras. The service is the among the best I have ever experienced. I had several special requests including an extra desk chair, luggage rack and clothes rack, and within minutes this was taken care of.... with a smile. I was asked what time I would like Housekeeping to clean the room, and they come each day precisely at that time. Someone really thought about how to offer a traveler an excellent hotel experience, and the Gate Hotel absolutely does, right down to every little detail. it's convenient to shops, restaurants, rail stations, grocery stores and a Starbucks. I wish every hotel was half this good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gahoppe
ゲートホテル雷門, マネージャー at THE GATE HOTEL Asakusa Kaminarimon by HULIC, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing THE GATE HOTEL KAMINARIMON by HULIC and for taking the time to write your review.

We are so happy to hear that you had a confortable stay with us. As you said, our location is very convenience place for business & also shightseeing, therefore we think many guests love this place to stay. Also we are glad that you had enjoyed the balcony suite room with faced Kaminarimon street. We are looking forward to serving you again. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Asakura, Japan
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I'm not a person of many words but let me just say that my stay at this particular hotel was in a word MAGNIFICENT! The rooms are clean spacious and comfortable. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable & courteous even in the face of grand misunderstandings ::)
The food in the 13th floor restaurant is amazing as is the service.

The Bar; Legendary! (there are TWO!)

There is a grand view from the hotel lobby strangely located on the top floor and one of the biggest treats is the roof top lounge (which I'll leave as a surprise to future guests!)

If you visit Asakusa, Japan stay at THE GATE HOTEL KAMINARIMON by HULIC, period.

I will miss my friends on the staff:(

Room Tip: Ask for a Skytree view on the upper floors;)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kisu G
ゲートホテル雷門, マネージャー at THE GATE HOTEL Asakusa Kaminarimon by HULIC, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We would like to thank you for staying at THE GATE HOTEL KAMINARIMON by HULIC.
Thank you for the compliment. It was a great pleasure to serve you.
We look forward to seeing you again on November!!!
We miss you, too.
Boston MA
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I come to Tokyo for biz trip every other month, and I tried this new hotel for change. I just love it. There was nothing like this hotel in Tokyo (as far as I know).
The best thing about this hotel is that the restaurant on 13th floor is open for 24 hours for the staying guests. The restaurant can serve anything on the menue!!!! I don't have to walk around for mid night snack.
The room was well designed and sexy but at the same time very comfortable.
Location is very convenient for people who uses Asakusa line. I could stay here for leisure since this is right in front of Asakusa temple and Sky Tree.
I totally recommend this place for everyone who visit Tokyo.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great view of Sky Tree
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Angieeeeeeeeeeee
ゲートホテル雷門, マネージャー at THE GATE HOTEL Asakusa Kaminarimon by HULIC, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you very much for staying at THE GATE HOTEL KAMINARIMON by HULIC.
We are really happy to hear that you had a comfortable and relaxed stay with us.
We look forward to serving you again not only for business trip but also for leisure.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taito
Ueno, Asakusa
Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier
Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Hotel Ryumeikan Tokyo

Been to THE GATE HOTEL Asakusa Kaminarimon by HULIC? Share your experiences!