All reviews sensoji temple great location temple grounds western options buffet breakfast modern hotel japanese dishes river cruise tourist sites food stalls tokyo skytree older part great area the staff were extremely helpful bars and restaurants the hotel offers nakamise shopping street
Reviewed May 3, 2016

In the middle of a weekend pedestrian precinct and metres from the temple complex, location doesn't get any better. Some street noise but the sound insulation is superb. We asked for a higher corner room facing the temple and that is what we received. Awesome. Rooms very small, about 20 sq m , so be prepared. Bed firm and excellent, bathroom tight but excellent shower. Free wifi .
Used by a lot of Japanese as well as tourists so that tells you something. Breakfast was very good, lovely staff as always in Japan. Hotel reception very friendly and exceptionally helpful - we asked if they could book the Robot Show for us, clearly something they don't usually do, but they managed it, no fee, took multiple phone calls as they organised a free shuttle.
Local area great - lots of eating places particularly later in evening, arcades if it is raining. For subway travel time, we saw Tokyo as having two sides - either side of the Imperial Palace, so four days here and four days at the New Otani. Kyoto deserved even more time than Tokyo, so next time! We have now seen the cherry blossoms, keen now to return to see the autumn. Have been well warned against the heat and humidity in July.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher corner room facing the temple - is an awesome view.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2016

Stayed for 3 nights at the beginning of our visit to Japan and really enjoyed it. The rooms are small but very nice and we had a great view over Senso-ji and the Skytree. Area is excellent and we easily found some nice restaurants. Location was fine for us and its only a short walk to subway/trains. Service was good. Breakfast was fine, although probably not the best we had during our trip. Overall would recommend

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeH98
Reviewed April 24, 2016

I booked this hotel based on the Tripadvisor.com reviews and this hotel was better than I expected.

1) Great location: It is right next to the Senso-Ji, which is a must to visit if you are first time to Japan. Go past Senso-Ji is Sumida Park and Sumida River where you can take the Tokyo river cruise tour. East of the hotel is Kappabashi, where you can shop all type of kitchen equipment and dishes and realistic looking plastic food models. It is a 3 minute walk to the Tsukuba train and it is only 2 stops to Akihabara. Lots of restaurants and shops nearby. Don Quijote across the street opens 24 hours if you need to shop and when the total is over 5000 yens, it is tax free if you show them your passport. Asakusa is very different feel from the high rises of Shinjuku and Shibuya. And there is even a Japanese theatre (live performance) next street.
2) The room is comfortable and clean and surprisingly quiet by being so close to a tourist area. My room was on the second floor and I hardly heard any noise. The door closes gently behind you when you leave.
3) The service was great and the staff was friendly and helpful. I put a sign on the door asked them not to clean my room because I had to take a nap in the afternoon due to jet lag. When I woke up, I found a bag of clean towels hung by the door. Breakfast buffet was delicious and it was only 1000 yens. The staffs in the restaurant were all very nice.
4) You can do your laundry there for 300 yens and all you need is to put your clothes in the machine and come back 2 hours later and they are done. Please bear in mind the washing machine is small so no big load.

Here are some tips:
1) If this is your first time to Japan, it really pays to get a pocket wifi because you can use your smart phone like you would do at home and you can use the Google map to locate this hotel when you get off the train. You can even use the pocket wifi on the train. I reserved one and picked it up at the post office at the airport.
2) The Narita airport train to the Asakusa station takes about 80 minutes, but it’s about 1100 yens or something (sorry but I don’t remember the exact amount. I remember it was less than the express train). It is a direct train so you don’t need to change train and you get a seat and some room for your luggage. To find the train platform for this train is little tricky. Good thing the train station staffs in Narita airport speak good English, so it pays to ask someone before heading to the train.
3) The Asakusa station doesn’t have many escalators and elevators. (As a matter of facts, I don’t think I had seen an escalator or an elevator.) So if you have a few luggages, I suggest you look for an elevator to get out of the station and take a taxi to the hotel. I had one luggage and I had to haul it through the station to Karminarimon exit and it had a few stairs going up and down. Plus after I got out of the exit, I still had to walk north to the hotel because the Asakusa Station is about 15 minutes from the hotel. Also, if it’s in the day time after 8AM, try not to walk the Nakamise Shopping Street with your luggage because it is filled with tourists (you can’t miss this street because it’s so crowded.) Instead, walk two more blocks pass that then walk north.
4) When ask for a room, ask one that’s higher up because the view of the Skytree, the temple, and Tokyo. This hotel has nice views and I forgot about it and let them put me on the second floor.
5) There is a guy who work at the front desk who either not from Tokyo or not knowing the trains. Even though he was trying to be helpful, each time I asked him for direction I was given instruction that was more complicated than the theory of relativity. If this happens to you, just politely thank him and ask one of the female staffers. I found the female staffers in this hotel were sweet as an apple and sharp as a tack.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor. This hotel has nice views
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
8  Thank CWolf1096
Reviewed April 23, 2016

We spend out first few nights of our trip around Japan in this hotel and it set incredibly high standard for the rest of the journey. The location is absolutely amazing, just a few minutes by foot from Sensjo-ji and Asakusa Shrine, usually very busy with tourists, we could stroll in there just after breakfast and enjoy this great site with hardly everyone there in the mornings. The area has got many very good places to eat, some offering great food for very low prices. There is a Tsukuba Express line 3 minutes away and a metro line 10 minutes by foot, so the area is really well connected.
The hotel itself is lovely- the staff is very helpful and polite. The rooms are clean, not very big (but then the don't tend to be very spacious in Japan in general), had everything we needed. The breakfast was sooo gooood, the buffet had a huge choice of foods to pick from, and had both traditional Japanese and some Western options (sausages, I think scramble eggs too). Really delicious. If we ever come back to Japan, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here the last three nights (21-24.4.16). Two couples. Very good rooms. Very well equipped with all you need. Very comfortable bed. Great breakfast. Helpful stuff. Good location. Highly recommended

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple