“be part of the interesting asakusa”

Richmond Hotel Asakusa
Ranked #4 of 155 Hotels / Ryokan in Taito
Reviewed December 19, 2013

easily found and near the station,seen both sky tree and asakusa temple
from my room ,how wonderful it was!the room was nice and humidifier
for this dry weather in Tokyo.Around the hotel,also found traditional
theter tried my best to enjoy it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ginobobo

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We missed our flight and had to take the next flight which was for 24 hrs later hence missing one night at the hotel. I wrote in explaining the situation asking them if you could cancel one night with cost and they did, understanding the situation and was very nice about it!

We had a 1.5 yr old toddler with us and he was provided with a cot and upon checking in he was given a little toy and a staying set which includes little bedroom slippers, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. which made us felt so welcome. They also offered me little gifts for the stay like face mask, hair bands which I took a few of them.

At the end of the trip, they were also very helpful and had all the amenities that we required such as a big weighing balance to weight our luggages before we headed to the airport.

The service throughout was perfect and we loved the smiles and kindness in ever aspect.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ConstanceSia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is a super hotel, western style, only a few hundred meters from the Senso-ji temple. Clean (small but functional) rooms, and great service (you can get help in English). A good breakfast buffet, and at noon and in the evening the restaurant caters to the fascination of the Japanese for Italian food. No non-Japanese TV channels, but so what? Asakusa is a great residential neighborhood with many restaurants. The hotel is a few minutes walk from the Asakusa subway station. At our next stay in Tokyo, this hotel will be at the top of our list.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveler_Chuck262
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have been please to find this hotel allowing early checking (12:00 am) arriving from Paris after a 12 hours flight. Conveniently situated close to Asakusa railways station coming from Narita. Allowing visit of the marvellous Senso-Ji temple. Ideal for only a night in Tokyo, even if Narita airport is far away. Very good restaurant and breakfast at affordable prices.

Room Tip: Everything fine. Very apprecable
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alain P
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel is new and fresh and was a bargain for the quality. For me and two kids, the best and cheapest was two rooms which the hotel made adjacent. Breakfast was ok, fine for the price. We were so pleased with this Hotel. Would recommend and stay again.

This hotel has no pool or kids activities but that is not what we came for. Tokyo is one big kids activity.

Shops nearby are a bit secret. They look like convention centers. Look for Rox and Metsuya.

Room Tip: Facing Sky Tower is not worth the extra. You can view the temple and Skytower from the corridor wind...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This place is good, if you can find a discount don't miss it: You will not be disappointed.
I paid 60€/night (including breakfast) and was quite satisfied with my room. Just next to the amazing Sensoji temple, this hotel is the only modern building on the street. The rooms are good, relaxed and large, even comparing to (cold, expensive, boring) european hotels (doubletree, mövenpick, ...). I will definitely visit there again, it enhances the amazing Tokyo experience.

PS: I gave restaurant 3 points: I did not try the lunch or dinner here (who would eat in a restaurant with a european name in Japan) and I can not comment on their traditional Japanese breakfast since I am not an expert on it (I had sushi - sashimi breakfasts only). It was tasty and different. So the 3 points should be taken into account without any justification.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2013

If you do not want to stay in a hotel skyscraper and if you want to experience the old traditional part of Tokyo, the hotel Richmond is right for you. I've stayed in a twin room, which is larger than double room. The room was really nice, I have no complaints. Bed is great, you'ill certainly get a proper rest! The bathroom is spacious, toilet is separate. Bedroom is separated from the hallway and bathrooms by a panel-door panel, which gives some additional Japanese feeling. Hotel is connected to Itanova restaurant, which serves fusion food and rich buffet breakfast. I recommend it!

Room Tip: Twin room is much larger than double room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank traveller_girl3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taito
THE GATE HOTEL Asakusa Kaminarimon by HULIC
Ochanomizu / Akihabara / Kanda
Hotel Niwa Tokyo
Hotel Niwa Tokyo
#9 of 82 in Chiyoda

Been to Richmond Hotel Asakusa? Share your experiences!