“Highly Recommended”

K's House Tokyo Oasis
Ranked #12 of 67 Specialty lodging in Taito
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Finding the hostel was a little hard, but we eventually found it. The staff are extremely friendly and spoke excellent English. The staff even gave us a map and local recommendations! The lobby (first level) features a kitchen, two computers, WiFi, kotatsu and a toilet. We were in a twin bunk room on level two and it was fantastic. The room included a bunk, two tatami's, a TV and a fully-equipt bathroom. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the pillows were soft. The bathroom was a little bit small, but the shower was consistent in temperature and strength. Shampoo, conditioner and bodywash were all included, as well as towels. The hostel also provides free laundry, however you must buy washing powder for only 300 yen. The hostel is also in a great location. It's about a 5-10 minute walk to LIFE Supermarket, Family Mart, 7-Eleven, Asakusa Station (for Ginza and Asakusa Lines) and the Asakusa Tsukuba Express Line Station. This is definitely recommended for anyone staying in Tokyo. I will definitely stay here whenever I am in Tokyo.

Room Tip: STAY HERE. Don't look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank adamupdate
There are newer reviews for K's House Tokyo Oasis

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here during my recent trip to Japan and it was our favourite hostel out of the 6 places that we stayed at! What I really liked about this place was its affordability - the price of the private family rooms came up to about USD150 a night! The staff was especially warm and very well informed, do approach them for food recommendations! The streets close to the hostel have excellent food choices and becomes especially lively on Sundays. We had yummy Okonomiyaki nearby which felt like such a local experience!

I also liked how the hostel has a lift within the property, it came as much of a relief since the Tokyo subway system was not friendly for travellers with heavy suitcases.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed in another K's House property while on my recent trip to Japan, and while that was a great location too (K's House Kyoto), THIS one really takes the cake. First, the price-- what a nice and affordable stay for us, a couple-- which included a private room and private bath. The fact that there are so many accommodation options (for private and shared rooms) is great, and the private rooms were well-worth their prices. Ridiculously clean and very comfortable. Second, the staff at the front desk were so helpful and so friendly-- we felt so at-ease with any questions or requests to make of them. Third, the location. STAY HERE if you are looking for a more peaceful and quiet environment with quick access to a more "traditional" area of Tokyo. While I enjoyed visiting the rowdier areas like Shibuya and Roppongi, staying here gave me a sense of history and calm. I would come back in a second.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

First time in Japan, and so glad we booked at this gesthouse to start our trip! Great location, easy to find with the directions printed from their website, found it right away. Awesome staff, extremely helpful, friendly. Room was great ( keep in mind this is a hostel, not the Ritz!), and loved the free plum wine evening, now my wife is hooked!!! Hahahaha Next time we go back to Tokyo I will not bother looking for another plae, will book there right away again!

Room Tip: En-suite room great deal, go for it!
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at K's House Tokyo Oasis and it was our first time overseas. The staff were SO SO SO helpful and so nice!! Always up for a chat! They provide you with a map of the local area with lots of recommendations for restaurants and bars etc. and what we tried of their recommendations was SPOT ON! There is a karaoke bar right next door that does old time traditional japanese folk songs, a few times we'd be walking home at night at there would be a drunk old lady singing her heart out. There's space to park bikes outside so you can rent a bike if you want! Late check in and late check out! Staff are VERY fluent in english and are travellers themselves. Even though this isn't a fancy expensive hotel, the staff go out of their way to help you and make sure your time in Tokyo is as fantastic as it can be. A bit of a walk from the subway line, but very close to Tsukuba express line which takes you right to Akihabara in 5 minutes or less. The area is beautiful, really old timey, working class Tokyo. The people in the area are so friendly, as well! The rooms are small by western standards, but why are you spending more than sleepy times in your hotel room when you are in one of the most amazing cities in the world?! If you're there in autumn/winter they have a kotatsu set up in the common area which is amazing. I think I'm rambling now.. but I am just so happy that we chose K's House Tokyo Oasis and can't wait to go back and stay there again. If, like me, you were trying to choose between staying here at K's House or staying in an area like Shinjuku in a "normal" hotel.. you will not regret choosing K's House!!

1  Thank Rachie D
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We booked 2 nights at this hotel to follow on after 2 nights in a traditional ryokan not far away. The common area of this hotel was welcoming and we were happy with the room. There was enough room to move about though I wouldn't call it spacious. There were storage cupboards under the beds and the bunk beds were surprisingly comfy. Having a bathroom to ourselves was lovely and it was more generously proportioned than I expected. The people at the front desk were very helpful and it was nice to be able to make ourselves breakfast or tea or toast etc. in the kitchen area. Free wifi in the rooms was good for planning things when the kids were in bed.

The Asakusa area was excellent for us - a nice mix of historical sites and modern conveniences. We felt really safe and quickly realised that the Japanese ways are quite remarkable. Can highly recommend Starbucks on the high street and a number of good value eateries nearby. One day we took a boat down the river to Odaiba - we hadn't expected to find a LEGOLAND there - then ended up getting train back in the evening. That was an excellent day.

Room Tip: Don't expect views - our window looked onto a building wall. But very soundproof, so perfect for...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed October 21, 2013

K's House Tokyo Oasis is located in the Asakusa area. It is a little bit off the main train stations but it is at most a 10 to 15 min stroll from the metro and you get to walk through a lot of shopping areas and the temple.

There are many amenities located nearby for the price discerning traveller. You can go to Seiyu for the supermarket to get cheaper drinks and top up your groceries. There is a cheap bento place nearby (Paku Paku if I remember correctly) where you can get a bento for 250 JPY and it will definitely fill you up (unless of course you usually eat double servings).

The staff is very friendly and they dropped off little origami pieces when we moved into the room, such a nice little thought!

Price is definitely worth the room you get, I got a twin room with ensuite bath and it was fairly spacious! Shower gel and shampoo was provided so that saves a little bit of luggage space.

The only little blip that happened was that on day before we were scheduled to leave, we were supposed to change rooms, but I had forgotten about it and had gone out till around 1600 when we remembered and went back to the hostel.. the staff was quite nice in the sense that they had already moved everything to the new room (we were quite unpacked so that must have been quite a problem) however this led to my dental splint and a souvenir bottle being lost. Despite efforts to find the dental splint (costs about SGD 90) it could not be found.

I understand the need to turn over the room and it was definitely our fault that we forgot about the change in rooms, but mayhaps moving others stuff wasn't the best idea.

Overall, I would say that this is a nice place to stay at if you are concerned about budget but don't want to go all the way to dorms.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family