“Maybe I took the wrong tour, but I was not impressed.”

Haunted Tokyo Tours
Ranked #6 of 20 Tours in Taito
More attraction details
Owner description: Dare to walk through old sections of town where ancient spirits prowl. Visit secret “power spots” that locals have known about for centuries. Listen to tales of ghosts and goblins, blood lust and revenge. Our walking tours are led by experienced escorts in English, and are part legend, part art/architecture, and part spooky fun! Custom tours available for your group. Come find out why Tokyo is the most haunted city in the world!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Maybe I took the wrong tour, but I was not impressed.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Google maps, Google images, and Wikipedia. That's the tour in a nutshell. Maybe I took the wrong tour, or perhaps she waited until I left, but in the 2 hours and 15 minutes that I followed along there wasn't a single ghost story told in the "Ghosts and Goblins" tour. It should be renamed to "Folklore and Fairytales" really. What was even more disappointing was that I knew everything she talked about beforehand, simply by reading up on the lore of Japan in my free time. And unfortunately it was not interesting to listen to, as Lily was a poor story teller. Bland, generic statements, and she had a tendancy of falling into far too many uninteresting tangents about architecture. Out of everything I did in Japan, this was the most disappointing.

Maybe it would be more interesting if you know nothing about Japan's folklore and creatures before going in. Maybe it was an off day. Maybe I had too high of expectations. Whatever it was, I left the tour quite disappointed that I didn't get my ghost story.

4 Thank Garwolf

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

It was a 2pm to 5pm tour! I wished it was longer- I had such a wonderful time.
Rain or shine the tour would still be on.
You really get to know about Japan and its culture more on this tour, but in a different perspective!

I joined the Blood of Samurai tour.
I paid online via paypal but you can pay cash on the day of the tour too!
The tour guide, Lily is helpful and she patiently answers to all of our questions! Thank you.

You walk through main roads and back alleys and learn the history and the spooks of those places. I wouldnt want to spoil much about the tour but if you have some time to spare- please join this tour!

Visited March 2012
3 Thank Noor A
Absecon, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Make this tour a priority on your Tokyo to do list!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I went on the Ghost and Goblins tour on our recent trip to Tokyo. We go on at least 1 ghost tour wherever we visit. Lily was an excellent guide; very welcoming, entertaining and knowledgeable. Everyone should go on this tour! Even if you're a skeptic, it's simply a wonderful and offbeat way to learn of Japan's history. Lily is a great story teller, everyone in our group seemed to have a lot of fun. It is hard for me to choose my favorite ghost tour, but this one is absolutely up there with the best! I can't wait to come back and attend more another.

Visited February 2012
4 Thank madammermaid
San Diego, California
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“AMAZING TOUR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

Lilly Fields is an amazing tour guide with a great mysterious personality. Japanese culture has a lot to do with ghosts and spirits so you will learn A LOT about Japanese culture and history.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank tony c
Tucson, Arizona
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great Tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

I've attended two of the Haunted Tokyo Tours. I enjoyed both the Ghosts & Goblins of Old Tokyo and the Blood of Samurai tour. Both had a great deal of information about the history of these places and Lilly was quite happy to answer any questions. Because my first tour date was changed Lilly gave me the option of taking any second tour for free. Due to the earthquake, a long hot summer and various other things I wasn't able to redeem it until almost a year latter but Lilly had no problem with that and I was able to enjoy the tour. I'd recommend this tour not just for those interested in ghosts but those who are looking to hear some history of Japan and see some places you wouldn't see otherwise. Also with a big group of people the locals tend to get curious and you'l meet some interesting people.

Visited January 2012