All reviews stayed nights convenient location japanese style narita airport sink skyliner convenience metro facilities beds jr station tokyo
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

My sister and I stayed 5 nights at Nohga Hotel Ueno this March. Hotel is located in Ueno, easy access to Skyliner, JR, metro within 8-10 mins walk. We’ve been to Tokyo over 10 times, mostly stayed at Shinjuku, Ginza, first time stayed at Ueno. Booked via Expedia with good rates. Hotel Staffs are excellent and helpful, especially Sachiko Matsunaga, she gave us warm welcoming and also good recommendations about the neighbourhood, helped on restaurant reservation ... pleasant and excellent hospitality!!
This is a very new hotel with modern ambience, room size is acceptable in Japan scale, able to open up luggage... shower is good, beddings too. We didn’t opt for breakfast but heard it’s good, will try next time. Definitely will return for stay!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
nohgahotelueno, マネージャー at Nohga Hotel Ueno, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We are grateful to read that you enjoyed the location, facilities and services of our hotel. Needless to say, we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and we very much appreciate your kind words and compliments.

It comes with pleasure to hear that you had an excellent experience while you were in Tokyo. We will definitely pass on the good word to Sachiko Matsunaga.

We will look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future!

Team Create Manager

Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

1) Convenient location, Narita Skyliner, super near to JR Ueno and Metro.

2) Modern design hotel, size is reasonably big for Japanese standard. Toilet, shower and room design is neat and clean.

3) Came during Sakura blossoms season, walking to Ueno park is just under 10 mins. Fantastic view of first blossom.

4) Small gym is available, well equipped. Just it is really small room.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
nohgahotelueno, マネージャー at Nohga Hotel Ueno, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review here on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed March 6, 2019

I really liked this hotel. I took the Kesei Skyliner down from Narita Airport and got off at Ueno Station. It was a five-minute walk from the station to the hotel. Check in was efficient and before I knew it, I was in my comfortable room. The room was larger than those of most ordinary business hotels. Overall, the hotel was very clean, stylish and comfortable. I didn't try it, but the lobby restaurant looked good. This hotel was exactly what I needed: A comfortable place to lay my head after a long flight across the Pacific. I recommend it.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
nohgahotelueno, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Nohga Hotel Ueno, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review here on Trip advisor.

Reviewed February 18, 2019

This hotel is slightly more expensive than our previous choices in Tokyo but we could feel the vast different in quality.

Good points:
- The restaurant looks lovely but we didn't try the food
- Hotel staff were polite
- Location is really convenient! Approx 8-10 mins walk from Ueno station central gate exit.
- The room has very nice design aesthetic and very clean!

Improvement points:
- For this price, I would expect a more decent pillow. The pillows were too flat even after stacking them up.

Overall, I would come back again but please change the quality of the pillow! :)

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
nohgahotelueno, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Nohga Hotel Ueno, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review here on TripAdvisor.
We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
However we are using special pillows, which is Japanese bland atmosphere japon, http://atmosphere-japon.com/aboutus, we need to think about other pillows.

Reviewed January 29, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I are frequent travellers to Japan and have always laid out base at Ueno due to its accessibility to Narita Airport. We decided to stay at NOHGA Hotel this round and were not disappointed . The room was clean and artfully designed. I was especially impressed with the bathroom which was fitted with high end showering facilities. We would also like to express our thanks to Ms Sochi who specially sent a Nespresso machine to our room when I enquired if coffee sachets were available. Such thoughtfulness and warm hospitality bought us over and we certainly would be back again.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
nohgahotelueno, マネージャー at Nohga Hotel Ueno, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2019

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
Thank you veru much for your comment to Sachi, I will share with her.