All reviews stayed nights convenient location japanese style narita airport sink skyliner convenience metro facilities beds jr station tokyo
Selected filters
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

This was a superb stay in a beautifully designed new hotel. The service was top notch. The breakfast was also outstanding. I was very impressed with the man who was in charge of the dining room. He kindly arranged for me to have an egg white omelette. Additionally, he was very helpful. Finally, the beds are very comfortable and the rooms are perfectly designed for comfort and convenience. This will now be my favorite hotel in Tokyo- plus the location is both quiet and convenient- even near an elevator for the Ueno subway.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 68NSL68
nohgahotelueno, マネージャー at Nohga Hotel Ueno, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2018

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to NOHGA HOTEL UENO again.

TEAM CREATE MANAGER

Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

Very high quality new hotel well located in Ueno, 10 minutes from central Tokyo. Very friendly and helpful staff, and good large rooms, well equipped with comfortable beds and excellent connections such as high speed Wi-Fi and UBS charging points. Very good breakfast too. Strongly recommended.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank luken546
nohgahotelueno, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Nohga Hotel Ueno, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review here on Tripadvisor. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to NOHGA HOTEL UENO again.

TEAM CREATE MANAGER

Reviewed December 7, 2018 via mobile

I had a girls trip to Tokyo (my first visit & her second) and we stayed 9 nights at The Nohga in Ueno, which is about a 45 minute train ride from Narita Airport and roughly the same into Shibuya.
The hotel is new, boutique style and absolutely chic and beautifully designed. I had seen pictures when I booked but it is even nicer in person. The staff are very warm, friendly and extremely accommodating. The double room we had was decently sized for Tokyo and had a TOTO toilet which I had fun with and the standalone, see-through door shower has a rain shower head and we could adjust the lighting inside for ambience which was unusual and a nice touch! One criticism is that they assume double rooms are just for couples so privacy was a bit of an issue. We would have preferred a combined bathroom with toilet, shower and sink combined for a bit of privacy and so as not to disturb others in the middle of the night. The sink was outside the toilet and shower.
My only other criticism is that they provide a gorgeous Japanese style kettle and cups yet no spoons, coffee, tea or milk??? A bit odd.

The restaurant and open style kitchen/bar area was very nice but being vegetarian I would have liked to see some main meal options on the menu. The food here is DELICIOUS and they were happy to work with me and adapted a few dishes to remove the meat. Japan as a rule is a meat loving country and particularly enjoy their pork and chicken.

All in all though, we lived The Nohga and I will definitely be back!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
nohgahotelueno, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Nohga Hotel Ueno, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2018

Dear lilylotus sama,

Thank you for choosing NOHGA HOTEL UENO once again for your recent visit to Tokyo. We are grateful to read that you enjoyed the restaurant and services of our staff. We very much appreciate your comments, as they help us to improve our services. Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our team.

We are thrilled to hear that you would return for another stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed December 7, 2018 via mobile

This a brand new hotel near Ueno station and park. The area is great and hotel offers good facilities and is clean and new. Rooms are small but this is normal in Tokyo. Very good breakfast with a choice of 4 different sets, prepared by a good French cook . I will go back there.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Stefan_Le1 sama,

Thank you for choosing NOHGA HOTEL UENO once again for your recent visit to Tokyo. We are grateful to read that you enjoyed the breakfast. I feedback will be shared with our team.

We are thrilled to hear that you would return for another stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed December 4, 2018

I checked-in this hip hotel on its first day of operation. Surprise !! (though no special offer or treatment) The public area & the room is clean. Spacious room in this class of hotel as you know most room in Tokyo city are indeed small. It has coin-op washing & drying machine, a convenience.

Its location is just about 6 mins walk to closet Metro station. 12 mins to アメ横 with many stores & restaurants keep opening at night.

One thing I don't like much inside the room is : the face wash basin, the toilet & the shower room are all separated. It has the basin on the side when you walked through the passage into sleeping area. It would be no good if you want taking-off clothes & wash your face before getting into shower. For me, with my wife is OK but may not good ( or maybe too good, LOL) for other room sharing mates.

Date of stay: November 2018
nohgahotelueno, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Nohga Hotel Ueno, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

Dear talumkkt sama,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with us. It is our pleasure to be part of your Tokyo experience and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We very much appreciate your comments, as they help us to improve our services. Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our team.

We will look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future!