“Traditional Japanese style restaurant!”

Komagata Dozeu Asakusa Honten
Reserve a Table
Ranked #10 of 5,641 Restaurants in Taito
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Ueno, Asakusa
Reviewed September 14, 2018

I rented a sushi-wifi rental WIFI service and introduced this shop. It was taught that it is a wonderful building that feels the history of Japan. I ate a loach for the first time when I made a reservation. It was very tasty. However, since the posture to eat was "SEIZA", it was very painful. I thought it would be nice to go as a traditional Japanese style once.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Mike08081978

Reviewed August 3, 2018

Been there first in 2001, then in 2018. Nothing had hanged in-between. In fact, I suspect nothing has changed in the 200-year old existence of this very traditional restaurant located in the hearth of Asakusa! Prefer the Japanese-style room, as this will give you a good idea of what a traditional Japanese restaurant is. Be prepared to sit cross-legged, though. Food-wise, loach is the mainstay here, prepared (by you) in a hotpot. Not bad really, but the setting and atmosphere of this restaurant is what you will remember.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Juris82
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

My brother and I came in pretty late, like 8:15pm, and the greeter told us there was no more western seating which we were so excited to not have! We sat on the floor in traditional style and asked what they recommend. We ended up with our own hibachi and a hot pot style cooking of mini eels. They were delish and the whole experience is one I’ll never forget!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 10, 2018

Delicious whale and eel hotpots, the grilled eel was also excellent. Traditional japanese seating with a casual and communal setting.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank MixF
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Very authentic experience amongst happy locals. Whale meat was an interesting experience : not going to try it again but worth having a single experience

Date of visit: February 2018