Tokyo was our first stop on a trip around Japan and Korea, and we arrived on an early flight so got to the the hotel early in the morning. No-one was on the reception but a night porter was able to put our bags into storage until check-in time (note that in Japan for some reason it is not possible to check in even a little bit early for some reason).
The room itself is perfectly functional, and have all the necessary amenities. The bed is a little small - feels smaller than a queen but I may be wrong. The shower was reasonable enough too. One criticism is a lack of wi-fi but this seems quite common across the country.
But for me, the best thing about this place is location. You are very close to Ueno station, which can get you to anywhere in the city very easily. I actually really liked the area just south of the station - streets full of great places to eat and drink and not many tourists around. This is real Tokyo.
I would consider staying here again, as the price is very reasonable for Tokyo,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly Flex Stay Inn Higashi Ueno ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MYSTAYS HOTEL MANAGEMENT Co., Ltd., Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Hotel Mystays Ueno Iriyaguchi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weekly Mansion Higashi Ueno Hotel Taito
- Hotel Mystays Ueno Iriyaguchi Tokyo, Japan