I stayed in Dec 2013 and got a room facing the street. Despite the cons, I will definitely stay in this hotel again (if I planned in Ueno side of Tokyo) as it is very value for money and convenient.
1) hotel is extremely near to one of the exit/entrance of Ueno Keisei station. The hotel is literally 10 steps away (separated by a 2 lane traffic). Very good for those with heavy luggage
2) NO smoking stench at all in the room (as compared to some of the past reviews here)
3) There is WIFI in the room and signal strength is strong
4) Toilet is bright with a small bath tub
5) Room is clean (as per all the hotels I stayed in Tokyo)
6) Recep staff speaks good english
7) Room rate is cheapest of my stay
1) Room furniture and TV quite dated (not a concern for non-fussy traveller like me)
2) Toilet ceiling height a bit low (a bit a concern for a tall person like me but I can live with it)
3) Toilet seat did not come with wash/bidet function
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Rakuten, JAPANiCAN, Ctrip TA, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kinuya Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kinuya Hotel Tokyo, Japan