“Comfortable hotel with great service in Asakusa”
Review of Hotel Yanagibashi

Hotel Yanagibashi
Ranked #44 of 125 Hotels / Ryokan in Taito
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Small but very clean, very comfortable and very affordable family-run hotel in Old Tokyo/Asakusa. Minutes from Asakusabashi JR station and subway station. Friendly hotel staff and they even let us check in early.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Corteserito

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was at Hotel Yanagubashi from the 28/6/12 - 14/7/12. First impressions were very good, the staff were fantastic, energetic and always willing to help out. Spoke in English very well and even helped organise tours.

The hotel location is top notch being just around the corner from the JR Asakusabashi station (One stop from Akihabara) and subway station (Connects to the Narita Airport without train change during specific times) maybe a 3-5 minute walk.
There are many restraunts close by and even a 'western' style one not even a block away for the people who want a taste of home.
Room price was very resionable and considering the location and how close things were i was shocked that it was not more.

The room size is small for the double two of us stayed in the room during the trip, it was very nice(The other hotel i stayed one night at in Kyoto the room was half the size with no bathroom!). The rooms were very snuggly and clean. Rooms could be cleaned every day if you leave the notice out.

There are standard entertainment options, Tv was good quality, free WIFI downstairs (can connect on second floor if you have a good enough wireless card), Ethernet internet connection is also avaliable free of charge in the room.. Extremely fast compaired to my what i thought was fast internet back home in Australia.
Vending machines are located in the Hotel Lobby, one has softdrinks etc and the other sells alchol both are very reasonably priced.

My overall experience in Japan was definetly hightened by the fantastic staff at Hotel Yanagibashi, its cheap price and its awesome location to Train stations, restraunts and local stores etc.

I cannot wait until i can go back to Japan, i will most definetly be staying at Yanagibashi again. Recomend for small groups of travelers who like the above conveniences and who want to save a few bucks.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bill B
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here one night in July 2012. The hotel is great for the Price compared to hotel prices in Tokyo. The rooms are VERY small, but contains the basics. The staff was very friendly and all spoke English.
The hotel is a 3 min walk from Asakusabashi station.
There are free WiFI at the entrance level and some vending machines outside for sodas and water.
I think this is a great hotel for 1-2 nights stay, when you basically just need a bed to sleep in.
Only problem was the A/C sitting above my bed, blowing cold air into my face all night. Good chance of getting a cold from this, so I can recommend to sleep the other way arround (which I didn't).
If travelling with kids to this hotel, be aware the adult channel is only scrambled very few places, so you get a very good idea of what's going on and it's not difficult to switch to the pay channels as I just tried to change the ordinary channel on the japaneese remote.

Room Tip: Due to A/C, sleep the other way arround so you dont risk getting a Cold from A/C blowing into your h...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Cruisewombat
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Small and charming, nothing spectacular but gets the job done and very, very convenient to get around - throwing distance from the train station. Staff spoke English and were very helpful with finding restaurants and tours.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne K
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thank you for staying with us.
Thank you for writig this message.
We very appreciated your stay & heart warmed message.

See you in near future!!
Please come & stay again.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We were two people in a twin...and I sort of had to wonder if the twins were actually singles with two beds in them. You needed to crawl over one bed to get to the other...sort of wish they hadn't bothered with any furniture other than the beds, but I fuss they need them to get their star rating. I'm tall, but certainly couldn't stand up straight in a large amount of the space. The place was certainly clean, so no issues there (the sheets did have some stains, but they were clean...)

I hate to say it, but the super nice guy at checkin was also a bit of a bummer. My friend was sick and needed some advice for stomach medicine...not any help to be found from reception on an all night pharmacy...nor for bar or restaurant recommendations in the area, as he wasn't from around there, he basically didn't know anything about where to go. That was a real bummer, despite the guy being so nice and speaking basically PERFECT English.

I was jet lagged and up late. At 1:30am they lock the common space which I thought was sort of lame as well.

So, we checked out a day early. They kindly gave us one nights money back (minus deposit, which went to Hostelworld.com), and moved to a hotel which my sick friend would be more comfortable and where we could actually both fit in the room.

For a budget place? Acceptable...

But even a hostel has someone who knows where to get a drink or food late at night. And a late night pharmacy should be a must-known for all staff...

Room Tip: maybe stay here as a solo traveller or a couple, but not set up for buddies travelling together.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Chris_Sandeman
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I didn't know what to expect when booking my stay at this budget business hotel in Tokyo. But I'm so glad I did! The hotel is located near Asakusabashi station (JR and subway). I chose this place because of the location. It is near Akihabara station which is on the central Yamanote line. I wanted a base in Tokyo while I traveled to other parts of Japan without lugging my huge suitcase around. This hotel was perfect! The staff all speak English which can be very helpful to the western traveler. They were very friendly and accommodating. Ikeda-san is absolutely awesome!! ...It is NOT a luxury hotel or anything close to it. It is however, clean, reasonably priced and in a good location. I will stay there again the next time I visit Tokyo.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jplala
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed here for six nights and all I can say is that we had a great experience. The staff spoke English very well and treated us equally well. I would recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends