“No customer service from front desk”

Sutton Place Hotel Ueno
Ranked #45 of 122 Hotels / Ryokan in Taito
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The hotel was great! Highly recommended! It was only the front desk which affected our ratings. Hope they could send this Senior chap who attended to us to some courses on customer service. He was rude, not friendly, the way he talked simply pissed us off. He ran the hotel as if we were the prisoners. We had a hard time when we checked into the hotel. To avoid seeing him, we woke up early and return very late to the hotel just to avoid him. Facing him, simply spoilt your mood!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AhPuiTan
There are newer reviews for Sutton Place Hotel Ueno

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Just 5 minutes from the JR station Iriya exit and about 10 min to try Keisei station. This makes it a convenient base whether you are coming from Haneda or Narita.
Complimentary breakfast provided at the small lobby, consisting of beverages and bread, which is enough to start your day.
Room size is as expected for a Tokyo hotel but sufficient. For the price that I paid, it is value for money.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Junior suite room. Four persons in one room. There is space for your luggages!
There is living room area. For this time I stayed 4 persons in one room so the hotel arranged living area as another room by putting 2 single bed instead. Two TVs, two tea pots, two refrigerators, two tables, two small desks, wardrobe, body-sized mirror, hair dryer, amentities, bathtub, bidet, and etc. are fully provided!
Size of the room is quite good for the average room size in Tokyo.
Cleanliness is great!
Complimentary drinks and breakfast (breads and drinks) are offered. Vending machines and washing machine are available.
Staff may not very good in English but they are nices.
Wifi free in the lobby.
The good point that I like is able to deposit the luggages after check out. For this time, I stayed there for 3 nights and go to Nagoya for a night, then come back to Tokyo and stay there again for 2 nights. There is no problem of my luggages which I have deposited when I went to Nagoya, and when I return all the luggages have put into the room propery.
*More option....We have ordered some goods and request to send them to the hotel before we arrive, the staff are kindly accept and store them for us.

Location is good in the area of Ueno where there are keisei skyliner, JR, subway, ueno park, many reataurants and in walking distanceto Ameyoko! Many shops and department stores too.
By the way, it takes almost 10 minutes by walk from Keisei station and about 5 minutes from JR station(Iriya exit-the nearest exit). Convenience shops and late night restaurant are nearby even 24hrs.
Value for money for this kind of lively location in Tokyo.

Asakusa, Akihabara, and many attractions are just few station from ueno.

Another right choice for city trip, family, couple, business, and all travellers with good budget.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank TiddyWallapa
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I book this hotel via 'Expedia' and it's wonderful! Not only I got the cheapest price but also everything ( my payment, hotel confirmation number! ) is kept in their record so my check-in is super fast , easy & accurate!
My room is semi-double bed which is comfortable enough for single lady :) The room is super clean, modern & well equipment. The room space is considered big for regular Japanese hotels!!
And complimentary breakfast is at the lobby on every morning ( lobby sits on 3rd floor while on 2nd floor has vending machine... So convenient & cool!! )
In conclusion, I have pleasant experience staying in Sutton Place Ueno, it's convenient, safety, comfortable.. etc! I need to extend my stay if I can...!
The hotel near JR station, only 5 mins or less by walking! Along the road, it has plenty of restaurants & convenient shops. ( If you have chance please come to JR Ueno station, it has chic & cheap shops along this station  )
Going to Ueno park is around 8 mins while if you crossing the street and walk around 2 mins, you will found AbAb department store which is incredible fashionable & cheap products inside!
I also shared this story to my Thai friends and my tips is 'please book via 'Expedia' not only u can save the budget but it makes sure you will get whatever you need!!'.

Room Tip: Book via 'Expedia' web-site, you will get super special discount & it can quarantee that...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Oohemma
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Okay, the hotel has generally great reviews and there is nothing for me to disagree with. A few people complained about the manager not being friendly (or even being rude), but I found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. The hotel is busy with a small lobby. Some people don't act as if they are sharing a small space with a lot of people, and instead act as if they were in their own living rooms. Maybe those were the people the manager was stern with?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very convenient to Ueno Station for anyone transiting in and out of Ueno. I was there for just one night to get the Shinkansen to Nagano the next day. The room is small but perfect for a single traveler and also very clean. The light breakfast served was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel location was very good,just short walk from ueno station and shopping area.Hotel cleanliness and friendly staff makes everything perfect.Simple breakfast wa enough for us they also provide laundry machine and drink machine

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business