Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I first used this hotel in 2008 on only my second trip to Japan. It's a clean, honest hotel with polite and pleasant staff members. The rooms are good for the type of hotel (a business hotel). The bathroom is small, but you get a nice deep bath, a heated toilet and a good shower. The bed is a full size double, although the bead-filled pillows are a bit uncomfortable... that is my only negative.

The best compliment I can give the hotel is that apart from last year I have used it every time I have gone to Japan since 2008, and I will be using it again this November.

I love it.

Room tip: Go for the double room rather than the twin... better value.
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank TV21Dalek
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have not long returned from a trip to Japan and this hotel was my first port of call once I had arrived. The staff are really welcoming and friendly as well as being able to speak moderate English. The hotel is a bit difficult to find, I flew into haneda airport which is easier but I would recommend getting the train into central Tokyo, akihabara is close, and then getting a cab. There are two stations nearby, the one I used e most was okachimachi which is only a walk down one long road as it is the station which connected to the tourist attraction areas most easily. The breakfast is quite good, if you are vegetarian like me get used o having lots of bread and soup! The breakfast was well filled regularly, however I wouldn't go when it opens as it extremely busy go an hour after and it's quieter. The room was clean and cleaned daily including fresh bedding, no issues with any of the room maintenance, don't bother travelling with toiletries either, my room had razor, ear buds, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, as well as altogether basic items your would need. This hotel is a good starting positions for a trip around Japan or Tokyo, I would recommend moving to another area if you are staying two weeks like I did, one week in each to get to all the attractions. You can walk to ueno from the hotel in roughly 20 mins if you don't like trains. Overall extremely good value for money I would stay again.

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank TravelBenji
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a week on our honeymoon in April 2012. It was booked through a Japan Tours aganecy and it was brilliant. We were told it would be small, but was perfectly sufficient for our needs. Most importantly- the toilet was amazing!! Not only did it have the 'cleaning functions' included on most Japanese toilets, but it also had a heated seat, which was a lovely bonus. We realised towards the end of the week that a section of the mirror was also heated, so it didnt steam up when you shower. So simple yet so useful! The location is great, it's a 5 min walk from 2 underground stations, so you can get pretty much anywhere very easily. The staff knew limited English but were very friendly and helpful and there is a laptop in the foyer that you can use for free- useful when we needed to email home or our travel agent. The breakfasts were pleasant- although they are traditional japanese ones, so dont expect sausage and bacon. I'd like to think that anyone travelling to Japan wouldn't expect that anyways though, mind you! Would definately reccomend- good price, friendly staff, clean rooms and excellent location. Oh - and there's a cheap noodle bar a 2 min walk away, which is great for lunch and just up the road is a small place open 24 hours that sells bento boxes (usually with veg, meat and rice) for 250yen (about £2). It's perfect for when you get back late after a drink (theres even a microwave to heat it up) and also for taking on long trips (such as the bullet train).

Date of stay: April 2012
4  Thank Ruby - Laura C
Reviewed June 11, 2012

stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and found what impressed me most is its room size. among all the bussiness hotels i stayed in japan i found its room size is slightly bigger than the others. and the bathroom also more spacious and should be ok even you are a bit overweight. all the standard amenites are available except wifi. there is one pc and one microwave oven at the lobby which are free to use. on each floor next to the lifts, you would find some iron board like things which i guess one can use to press their shirts and trousers. besides, a simple self help breakfast which includes salad, bread, egg, soup, sausages and drinks such as milk, tea, coffee are all free for hotel guests. and lastly both check-in and check out services are all fast and the staff can speak english which is also an added advantage. but the hotel is a bit far away from the jr rail station and that would take you around 8 to 10 min of walk which i think is pretty ok. well it is a lot closer to metro stations (ranging from 4-6 min of walk depending which station you want to go) in fact, there are many restaurants around the neighbourhood and there are many things to see and explore such as ueno park and the keisei line the one that can takes you to the narita airport is jsut next to jr ueno station and around 15-20 min of walk from the hotel. for those wish to save money, it cost you only 1000yen for a 75min ride on a limited express train. one more point for those who fly cathay pacific, do get off the train at terminal 2.
lastly i personaly recommend jr one day pass than the tokyo metro pass as i found jr routes are more direct and faster.

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank simplygood
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed in villa fontaine ueno hotel for 2 nights after 10 days travelling around Japan. We were already quite tired after spending time in Ryokans and this hotel turned out to be a great choice (western room) for a very reasonable price. The hotel has metro and train station very near and you can get to almost everywhere from there. The room wasn't too big but for 2 nights was completely enough: totally equipped bathroom (hairdresser, toothbrush, soap, towels, etc.), great view from the window (Tokyo Sky Tree), silent. We had a breakfast at the hotel, there was also a possiblity to use Internet (no wifi in the room but you can ask for a laptop for 1000 yens/day). The only bad thing was that they do not let you check in before 15h. Although we didn't mind it, you should take it into consideration as it might result quite annoying when arriving to Tokyo with a jet lag...

Date of stay: April 2012