Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I decided to stay in this ryokan after reading all the comment here. And I glad I did choose this. First of all this is a beautiful traditional Japan house build by modern architect/ designer with all the ease of modern life in mind. Yes it is small but you got to try to know how it feels to life in a japanese house, sleeping in futon and tatami.

Located in Asakusa area, old Tokyo area with lots charms. Lots of nice traditional eating shops around. A perfect setting to end our holiday in Japan. Kenichi-san the owner could not be more helpful. He treated us like old friends who invited us to stay in his house. He even walk us to find taxi in a nearby streets and even instructs the taxi driver to deliver us to the right side of Ueno station, then bid us good bye. Like old friends. I will come back for sure.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank arieflaksono
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very clean ryokan within 10 mins walk on a straight path to Asakusa temple, plenty of food place. Nearby Ginza, Asakusa and Tobu line -and off to Haneda airport. Very helpful and friendly owner. Futon on tatami mat, with 'rice' pillow. Overall, we are satisfied with the accomodation and service provided. Would stay here again in we visit Tokyo in the future.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Angelynn16
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a great way to experience the way Japan used to be, futons and tatami. It is also just a surreal place, so simple, clean, quiet. Epitome of Japan. A wonderful couple runs it. They are fluent in English and extremely helpful in assisting you on your adventures. Kenichi has tons of good suggestions and advice about travel in Japan.
Also- it is in a great neighborhood, near a few streets where you can see how locals really live, quaint stores, a huge temple, schools and a park. But it is also very close to the huge shopping/more touristy area of Asakusa.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank sznd126
Reviewed April 23, 2012

If you are looking for the experience of a traditionnal and authentic japanese bedroom, try this ryokan in the Asakusa area, well described by MrThrill.
It is run by Kenichi and Fusako who live on the 2nd floor. They are very helpful and give precious pieces of advice.
The booking and payment in advance process might be awkward but safe and it is worthy. You won't fall from your bed.
Let's support traditionnal family value small businesses on a cultural mission.

Room tip: Only 3 identical rooms in this quiet area of Asakusa, just dip in the Japanese culture and have a nice sleep.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Pierre C
Reviewed March 9, 2012

that was my first visit to Japan and my friend who lived in Japan told me aboutn this place and Im so glad I did come as I enjoyed this elegant Japanese Hospitality. The place was clean and close to everything you would need. This Hotel told me about trip advisor and now Im writting reviews on trip advisor. Thank you staff for assisting me and for your greast hospitality. The place is so clean

Room tip: Ask the receptionist about the tourist attractions as they are well versed on the tourist places to visit
Date of stay: January 2012