All reviewsmita linebig tvsmall roomyamanote linetop floorfree onsenthe room key cardhotel was extremely cleantrain stationpublic bathcheck in processexploring tokyomajor tokyoone night stayless than a minute walkice machinehotel is perfect
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

Really good hotel, located very close to the sugamo metro station. It was really convenient for us to travel. The staff was very helpful , And we had a fast checkin and check out. It's worth the amount paid!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
アパホテル巣鴨駅前, Front Desk at APA Hotel Sugamo Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Thank you for staying with us at APA Hotel <Sugamo-Ekimae>.
Also thank you for your favorable review. It really warms our hearts.

We hope you had a great time in Tokyo and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed December 8, 2017

Beautiful as much as expensive, it stuns whoever looks from the outside. And when you access, it's even more impressive! Looks like a regal palace, in addition I liked Christmas decoration.
Location is great, a few steps away from Mita line subway station and 200 metres far from Sugamo JR station (Yamanote Line).
Apart from a little inconvenient (they do not accept debit cards, it partly cut my cash for the entire journey), my stay was nice. Small room but comfortable, the staff does care about the details, i liked the origami on my bathrobe.
The onsen on the last floor is small but well kept and so relaxing!
I really enjoyed my stay, I would gladly come back again.

Room Tip: In winter, as you go up to high floors, you will feel the temperature leap...the roof is open air, it gets cold in the hallway.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
アパホテル巣鴨駅前, 宿泊課 at APA Hotel Sugamo Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Thank you for staying with us at APA Hotel <Sugamo-Ekimae>.
Thank you for your favorable feedback. It really warms our hearts!

As you mentioned, our hotel is conveniently located.
It takes about 2 minutes from JR Sugamo Sta. to our hotel and there are several restaurants, convenience stores, super market, coffee shops and so on.

We're glad to hear that you liked the origami because they are made by our staffs!

We hope you had a wonderful journey in Tokyo.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Located minutes from Sugamo station on the JR Yamanote line.
Exit station, turn right, few minutes walk to hotel.
Eateries, 7/11, convenience stores are all close by.

Arrived in the evening, easy check in, friendly staff.

Practical, clean, very small room, but it works!

Hot pot, coffee/tea packets replenished daily. Spray bottle cleanser provided to wipe down the counter. Comfortable bed but not the pillows. Thanks to the other reviewers here, brought my own small pillow. No closet, some hangers. Robe and slippers.
Clean bathroom. Toiletries (toothbrush etc.,) replenished daily; bath gel, shampoo and conditioner in pumps; bring own body lotion if needed.
Nice toilet with various bidet settings, great shower.
Wi fi connection in room was an issue, called front desk to reset and it worked fine. Connection is much better in lobby.

Check out was smooth. Stored luggage till ready to leave.
Great Staff, Thank you!

‘Coco Ichibanya’ Japanese curry house is a short walk from the hotel, a block past the train station; open till 12AM, was great for late dinner after returning from all day outings. Turn left after exiting station.

Good location, good hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
アパホテル巣鴨駅前, Resiptnist/Ono at APA Hotel Sugamo Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Thank you very much for your staying at APA Hotel Sugamo Ekimae.
Our hotel is located near Sugamo station and very accessible with other cities.
I think that it is the best for sightseeing in Tokyo.
The rooms are a little compact, but very functional.
We have confidence in the number and quality of our amenities, and we have a variety of amenities in our rooms.
Our hotel has a large public bath in addition to the usual baths, but was used?
Because a large bath is one of the charm of the hotel, it is recommended by all means.
As you say, there are lots of restaurants, convenience stores and cafeteria around the hotel. It is okay to eat what bought in room, so it is also recommended for people who want to take a break in the room slowly.
In addition, there are supermarkets and drug stores, etc., and you can buy what you need.
We will improve our services in order to make our customers more comfortable.
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 11, 2017

Well, what can I say......the hotel has some high class aspects and then some serious issues that need addressing. Was here for a week so I can tell these issues weren't just flukes. Hotel is in a great location....one block from the JR and the metro is literally a few steps from the front door. Very modern amenities and the staff is very helpful and professional. When we first arrived, the room was VERY hot (we were facing the side the sun sets). We tried to get the AC on to cool it down but it just got hotter. After several attempts at trying to get the AC to work, we went downstairs to the front desk and inquired. We were told that the AC is front desk controlled and that the AC was turned off for the season (???) Are you kidding? (No, they weren't). They told us to open our window (only 1 opens). We did, but the window only opens about an inch and a half. The room still didn't cool down much even with the front door open. This appears to have been a common problem as we went outside and many windows on each side of the building were open. This must be where they're cutting cost. The heat was made worse as they only give you very thick winter sheets. Once the window was open, we encountered the lovely smell of smokers at times (and we were very high up). The staff offered to move us but we declined as what would you gain from moving from one hot room to another. If they only run the AC for certain times of the year, this needs to be noted in their advertisement. The hotel was chosen for it's great rating and the interior does looks great. Yes, you can monitor the 4 machines on different floors by means of your TV(will show how many minutes left on each one). However, be advised that the time to do both washing and drying takes over 2 hours for each load. Internet service is VERY slow and, at times, entirely nonexistent. There's a McDonald's across the street(if that's your forte) with many convenience stores nearby and a street market(pretty long one) that starts directly across the street.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hiker2go

Thank you for staying with us at APA Hotel <Sugamo-Ekimae>.
Also thank you for sharing your review with us.

We apologize that you were inconvenienced because of our AC system and laundry machines.
Even though you chose our hotel, we couldn't provide good services for you.
We're very sorry and would appreciate if you allow us another opportunity to make it right.

We'll use your feedback to improve our hotels.
We hope you had a great time in Tokyo.

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

This was the first hotel I stayed in as a solo traveler during my first trip to Japan. It is a fantastic hotel to stay in if you’re traveling alone, especially if you’re a woman. Would stay there again. First things first...

- Location. Just a two minute walk from the Sugamo stop on the JR Yamanote train line - it’s even on the same side of the road. So easy to get to, especially with luggage. The neighborhood is pleasant, quiet, and (like most of Japan), incredibly safe. If you’re not familiar with Tokyo, it’s easy to be overwhelmed at first, but this neighborhood was a relaxing base to explore the busier areas of the city from.

- Room. Yes, the room size is small. That’s expected, given the hotel class and price. But if you’re mostly out exploring, this shouldn’t make a big difference. The bed is comfortable, the tub is wonderful, and the fixtures and amenities are great. I’ve seen some Westerners complain about the traditional pillows; I was nervous about this, given I sleep on a mountain of fluffy pillows, but I was surprised to find I slept better on the flat Japanese pillow than I had in months. You may actually like it!

I sadly didn’t get to use the rooftop onsen (I have tattoos), but next time I’ll come with ace bandages to cover them up. Overall, the hotel was clean and cozy, the staff were cordial and friendly, and I cannot emphasize enough how great the location is as an introduction to Tokyo. An absolute bargain.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
アパホテル巣鴨駅前, フロント オフィス マネージャー at APA Hotel Sugamo Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Thank you very much for your staying at APA Hotel Sugamo Ekimae.
Our hotel is located near Sugamo station and very accessible with other cities.
I think that it is the best for sightseeing in Tokyo.
Also there are lots of shops near the hotel, so you will be able to stay comfortably.
The rooms are a little compact, but very functional.
It is relatively inexpensive on the last day of holidays and Sundays
The single bed has a 142cm wide, and there are a 50 size TV on the room.
If you want additional pillows, we can lend you pillows depending on the stock situation.
Thanks for your reviews.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Tadaki/Receptionist