“Comfortable. Convenient. Cheap.”

Ranked #1 of 10 B&Bs / Inns in Toshima
Manila, Philippines
“Comfortable. Convenient. Cheap.”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Knowing that Japan is one of the most expensive countries to live in the world, I thought all of the hotels would be very expensive too. I was very surprised to find Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro online with good reviews and good prices. So me and my friends gave it a try. We stayed there last March, 2012.

First the hotel rooms, we opted for the private rooms which comes with a private bathroom. The room is small but very comfortable. The bed was cozy and comfortable, we stayed there for 5 nights and I slept very well. The room also had really fast internet access from a LAN cable. I was getting speeds of up to 7mbps that time when I was using it; really fast. This made me even more happier with their service because I had to work for a few hours one night on my laptop.

The bathroom was small but very clean which I really liked because I am very particular with that. We were very happy with the room.

The hotel staff were very friendly, they spoke and understood english and were very friendly and helpful as well!

The hotel was conveniently located near the Subway exit and near a lot of good restaurants as well. There we a lot of convenience stores nearby too like Family Mart and 7/11.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for a cheap hotel in Tokyo.

Room Tip: The hotel has wifi access only on the lobby so if you choose a room on the second floor, you get fre...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank robertsol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Great for group of friends to stay together. Especially those on budget.

Room Tip: As wifi is only availdable in the lobby, the room 101 and 102 on the first level will be good, if yo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank rtjz84
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed here during my Study Abroad trip for a week. We moved to two seperate rooms and we had a great time here. The rooms I stayed in were standard bunk beds. Outside in the common area was a mirror and sink area for us girls to stand and brush our teeth, fix our hair, etc. There was a separate toilet area and a shower area, in addition to a large communal kitchen and a little seating area off to the side. The staff was very kind and spoke English. They were extremely helpful to us during our stay.

I highly recommend staying here! It's relatively close to the subway and near TONS and TONS of restaurants/bars/shopping! I loved it!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stephanie P
Redwood City, California
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Overall Sakura is a good hotel for those traveling on a budget. It's typical Tokyo, compact room, compact bathroom. The thing is it has everything that you need. There is free internet, and a restaurant as well.

Another plus was when it was raining out they let us borrow an umbrella.

So in summary, yes it's spartan but if you're looking for good budget accommodations in Tokyo, this is a great option.

Room Tip: You're in Tokyo, they're all small!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cclemens31
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Hotel is close to the station, staff was very kind and easy to work with and the room was very clean and orderly. The room was very small with an even smaller shower, but the room was a single for a great value. I stayed here spontaneously, but walk-in reservations were very easy. If you are looking for good economy accommodations, this place does pretty well.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alex S
Petaling Jaya
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Staff were friendly and willing to help. Rooms were clean; shower room was small.
Near to metro station. The hotel also near to supermarket in which you can get cheap snacks.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Canberra
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I am not the most picky person when it comes to accommodation especially when I don't plan to spend a great deal of time in it. I do however love clean bathrooms and the ones in the Sakura hostel part were great. I was on the 7th floor and the toilets were impeccable. The shower rooms were completely clean and never busy.
The staff were also helpful and friendly. I was in a dorm room with 5 others and everyone was friendly.
I couldn't give Sakura 5 stars because there were no lockers in the dorm room and very little space to put your stuff. These things are important for security and my peace of mind.
I would definitely stay here again as the area was convenient and the room price cheap.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo