“A cute stop to visit”
Review of Nekobukuro

Nekobukuro
Ranked #98 of 154 things to do in Toshima
More attraction details
Owner description: Nekobukuro is like a cat cafe, but minus the cafe. It is a cat petting zoo.
Reviewed September 9, 2015

When I first read about this place before our trip I knew we had to visit. If you're missing your furry friends from home this place is great to check out some cute cats. I only wish that there was more writing in english because it was hard to understand the directions. A lot of the cats were standoffish but that's to be expected, they're cats! :)

Date of experience: October 2014

Reviewed July 7, 2015

We were staying in Tokyo for 10 days in which time I was missing my dear cats back home a lot. Visiting this place and spending time with the cats was definitely helpful from that point of view. :D

I was skeptic of going to a cat cafe since it's obviously not an ideal environment for cats to live. I was pleasantly surprised by this place (which we found by accident walking by thanks to the signs downstairs). The cats seemed to be healthy and well-groomed and they had several toys etc. activities they could play with. The shop located next to this place was also a pleasant surprise as it was selling all kinds of cat-related things to bring back as a souvenir to my cats back home.

I would recommend this place to people who know how to handle cats and have experience with them, not necessarily a place for small children who move fast and potentially act rough around cats which could startle them.

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank Kiapen
Reviewed June 12, 2015

I was somewhat disappointed, thinking that I would be able to enjoy a cup of coffee in the company of cats at this cat cafe. However, it wasn't a cafe at all, but more like a small zoo. After paying 600 Yen per person we spent about 30mins petting cats and watching one pace back and forth in it's cage. The room was a large and stimulating environment for cats, but I don't remember seeing any windows, and in general the room felt boxed in. The cats seemed to like the staff very much. I wouldn't come here again.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed January 31, 2015

I was surprised that this place has received so many negative reviews because I really enjoyed my visit! The people were nice, the rooms were very clean and the cats seemed very comfortable and well looked after. The cats are rotated quite frequently so that they can have a rest from human interaction. Yes, the cats are quiet and yes, not super friendly but guess what guys... that's pretty normal behaviour for a cat! It's pretty common for them to sleep most of the day and completely ignore you, unless they want something to eat of course :) So if you are expecting to sit and cuddle with a cat, this place (or any other cat cafe) is probably not for you. But if you enjoy just sitting back and watching, and giving the occasional pat, then I highly recommend Nekobukuro!

Date of experience: January 2015