Lowest prices for your stay
$31
$36
Agoda.com
$25
Free cancellation until 10/30/21
Hotels.com$31
Priceline$26
eDreams$36
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife wasn't feeling good about having a room without attached bathroom (since there's none available during my time of reservation). But upon arriving, checking upon our room, it all just look so nice. The shared bathrooms were very very clean and it all just look so tidy and neat. My wife just gave the nods to stay for 3 nights. The best thing about Tokyo House is that they provide free laundry with the washing machine and drying machine located outside at the backyard. And they also provide free breakfast (breads and toasts). Room size are big. It's just value for money.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank choihoweboon
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed twice at THI.. The place is operated by a Taiwanese, great for mandarin-speaking tourists. Nearest JR station is Ikebukuro JR station, approx 10 mins walk away. The neighbourhood is quiet but feels safe. Rooms are decent and value for money. The shared bathrooms are spotless, convenient to use. For the price you are paying, this is probably one of the best deals in Tokyo.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2012

i and my husband and kid age 11 only cost 6300yen/per night. This is the best deal I can find in Tokyo.
Mrs Chen is extremely helpful. My husband's back has injury and she helped us with the luggage and add additional bedding. It is easy to communicate in Chinese with Mrs Chen and the staff. If I stayed at a Japanese accommodations, I may have a hard time to make my request. Since not all japanese can speck fluent English
They also provide free bread and coffee in the morning and free internet
You also have free access to washingand drying machine
I have nothing to complain except one tourist went inside the public washroom to smoke
and he should go outside to smoke ,not in the property

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank PandM2012
Reviewed September 1, 2011

stayed at THI last October with 2 of my friends.

aside from the 10 minutes walk from JR Ikebukuro Station, this place is as good as any budget hotel but at a much cheaper price. for chinese speaking tourists, the advantage of staying here is that the landlady is of Taiwanese origin, so it is very convenient if you need to ask her for some help.

and even though it is mentioned in the website that they don't provide daily cleaning services, like hotels, everyday when we went back to our room, our futons are folded, the dustbin is cleared, and even the toilet is cleaned.

there's also free wifi available. when we stayed in the annex building, there was a computer available for use. when we moved to the main building, there was a laptop in our room too. while the connection is pretty slow, it's good enough for you to check your emails and social websites.

my only "complaint" is the very steep stairs going up to the second floor of the buildings, especially if you have very heavy luggage. but we still managed to lug them up and down.

Room tip: request for rooms on the ground level. that way, you can avoid the steep stairs!
Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank grace t
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Great location at Ikebukuro, nice staff, comfortable futon, spotless bathroom and shower room and cozy.
I stayed here many times, when i have chance to travel Tokyo, House Ikebukuro must be my first priority. I rather stay at Ikebukuro than in Shinjiuku because it's more quite in Ikebukuro.
But you may be woke up by the other guests who get up so early, because the wall is not soundproof.

Date of stay: August 2010