Absolutely fantastic budget hotel in a brilliant location. Ikebukuro is often overlooked by travel guides, but it's a great little part of Tokyo - not overly busy, some great restaurants and bars, and great connections to the rest of Tokyo (it's on the Yamanote loop line - even better to use if you have a JR pass).
The hotel is 5 minutes from the station (south exit, turn right, keep walking past the McDonalds). Really welcoming staff, free coffee and very clean. The room is small, like most Japanese hotels, but the space is well utlised so you don't really notice it. No Wi-Fi, but a LAN cable is provided to access the internet.
I highly recommend this hotel for doing Tokyo on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of this exciting city, just three minutes walk from the JR Ikebukuro and subway stations providing easy access to Shinjuku, Shinjuku and Tokyo Dome. This newly opened hotel is right in the centre of the entertainment, nightlife, shopping, business and restaurant precinct, but also just minutes to Sunshine City including aquarium and observatory deck, Namja Town, Ancient Orient Museum and Japan Traditional Crafts Centre. Ideal hotel for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Rakuten, Ctrip TA, Agoda, JAPANiCAN, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your the b tokyo ikebukuro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The b Ikebukuro Hotel Toshima
- The b Tokyo Ikebukuro Japan