“How High?? - A Must Do In Tokyo!!!”
Review of Tokyo Skytree

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“How High?? - A Must Do In Tokyo!!!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

If you think the Tokyo Tower is high, then this takes it to a new level.
The tallest structure in Japan and the most impressive.

It's the 2nd tallest structure in the world. It pays to book in advance as the queues can be long at weekends and public holidays. If you have the time it's well worth going to the second level. You'll need a decent camera as I went up wig my iPhone which lets be honest was useless taking photos of this nature.

One of the most impressive things are the lifts. They move at an incredible speed and are smooth and motionless (all you feel is the popping of your ears).
It's probably a once only visit, but if you are in town you must go up there!!

1 Thank Tobe80

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Awesome Japan”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great and unforgettable experience riding on high speed elevator just below 47 seconds and you'll travelled 350m (Observation Deck No.1). Then we travelled another 100m to reach Observation Deck No.2 which is the highest you're allowed to go. From there I can see the whole of Tokyo, the view is awesome! After viewing, we went to souvenir shops on the 4th and lower floors. There are a lot of visitors but totally this is a great experience on Awesome Japan.

Visited November 2013
Dublin, Ireland
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Amazing view”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We tried to go the Sky tree on a Sunday, and we arrived there around 14.00, they given us the ticket to start to queue at 19.30, so, knowing that we went there the day after, and we arrived there around 8.45 and the “ticket” to queue was for 10.00, reasonable.
So, if you are planning to go there, I can suggest to go with some guided tour, that are more expensive but you will not have any problems!!
Going there is an experience that start from the elevator, really fancy and really fast!!
Once up, the view is fantastic, and is my opinion that worth spend other 10 euros to go to the real top (452 meters), if you would like to do that, it’s better that you start to queue immediate after going up with the elevator, the queue is every time around 30 minutes.
We was there and the weather was good, so we was able to view all Tokyo, unfortunately the Fuji mountain was covered buy clouds!!
So, as you can understand the only bad side of this visit was the time spend on waiting, but if you like the towers and going up, this is one of the best views you can have, breathtaking!!!
One note for the restaurants, we didn’t eat there, and if you will book for a table in the really expensive one, remember that you have to queue as all the other person, you can’t go there at the last minutes!!

Edmonton, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great views”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Wanted to go during the day, but the lines were especially long so I went back at night, and the lines were much sorter. I'm a big observation deck fan. Nothing too special here, but of course since it is the tallest building, you get great views. I enjoyed the Tokyo solamachi mall connected to Sky Tree. I stayed in the area so went to the food courts to grab food often. Tokyo Sky Tree is a nice building, especially the closer you get. I liked the night views, but I think you would see much more during the day. I know Tokyo Sky Tree was built in the area to attract more attention to it. I enjoyed the surrounding areas around Sky Tree.

Visited August 2013
Punta de Mita, Mexico
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“amazing views!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

It was amazing to see the views of the city from the Sky Tree. The lights were sparkly and landmarks stood out from the 350th meter stop. This site is very efficiently managed. The lines moved very quickly, handling hundreds! Of course, the hostess' were beautiful and very polite. I would recommend a night time trip, unless you're hoping for a view of Mt. Fuji. Then go during the day.