“One of the coolest things I have ever seen.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tokyo Skytree

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Johnson City, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“One of the coolest things I have ever seen.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were very lucky because we got reservations to the SkyTree back in May. We were also lucky because the weather was nearly perfect. We were there right at sunset and we could easily view all of Tokyo during sunset and even Mt. Fuji. This was one of the best attractions I have ever visited. The only thing I could compare it to would be the feeling I get when I view Niagara Falls. It is a great place to end a wonderful trip to Japan. Check it out. It's worth it!

2 Thank jpmathes

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Incredible view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I went to visit the tokyo sky tree just to see the outside as i thought i couldn't get in. however, in turns out that i was able to go up if i bought these special tickets from a travel agency. I was extremely impressed by the entire thing. There were glass floors restaurants gift shops lookout points and everything. unfortunately when i went up, it was a cloudy day so there wasn't much to see until the sun went down and the city light up at night. It was an excellent experience. I believe it is now officially open to the public? i could be wrong on that one though. If you are in Tokyo the Sky Tree is a must-see

1 Thank mattchko
Hong Kong
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Better to go for night views.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I was fortunate to get my hands on tickets to the Sky Tree before tickets were publicly available for purchase. Our ticket was for 7pm so we were fortunate to have both day time and night time views. I felt it was worth paying that extra 500 yen to be among the first to visit - I can imagine the kind of line-up it would be when it goes on sale for the public. Our wait was smooth - another 10 min of wait before redeeming our tickets and up the elevator we went.

With the basic ticket (25oo yen in our case) you do not get to go to the very top. You have to pay another 1000 yen to get to the galleria. I felt it was a rip to be charging people extra.

Anyway, the view was cool. I personally prefer the night view. You can see the Tokyo Tower from top. It's definitely worth going after a visit to the Asakusa Temple if have time.

The shopping mall should not be missed. We got most of our snacks souvenir there since they have a wide selection. Restaurants there are great, too! We tried a few. Most of the stuff is "Sky Tree" special - so don't miss them.

By the way, I do not see big lockers at the metro station or inside the mall for luaggages. I could be wrong but I still would not recommend bringing for lugguages here if this is your last stop in Tokeo.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank mscl
jakarta
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“wow very high”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

The lift has a fast speed that can bring you to 350th floor in a few seconds smoothly. There is a theme in every lift. I get the spring.

You'd better be there when the sky is clear because the view will be better.

But too bad that the options of the souvenirs are not so many. The souvenirs are mixed with the souvenirs from TV station.

1 Thank bikerinthecity
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“AWESOME 360˚ View of Tokyo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

The tower is beautiful and tickets are a HOT commodity! =) Being up there made my stomach a little weak. When I got down, I felt like I had sea legs. hehe =) The day we went, it was hazy and so we were not able to see Mount Fuji. =( But just being there seeing the massive area of Tokyo was incredible.