I just spent 5 nights at Mystays Asakusa. The room is quite small but there is everything you need in it (TV, fridge, microwave, stove etc...). the staff is very kind and helpful even though some of them can not really speak English (but I can not speak Japanese either, so we are even). The location is great too as it not far from other sightseeing spots (Asakusa, SkyTree, Ryogoku, Akihabara...) and it is quiet area. There are restaurants, convenient stores and a supermarket nearby, the staff will give you a map of the neighbourhood upon your arrival, it is really useful.
The only problem in my opinion is the access from the subway to the hotel: if you have heavy luggage, that may be a huge huge problem as there is no elevator in most of the exits of the subway. There is only one elevator at exit n°5 on the Toei Subway Oedo Line. If you come by other subway lines or take the wrong exit, you will have to carry your heavy luggage and climb long sets of stairs to the exit. It happened to me and I was dead tired before arriving to the hotel.
However, I'll still recommand this hotel as I really envoyed staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an amazing view of the Tokyo Skytree® just outside your window. Our hotel is in an excellent location, with the best of Tokyo's traditional downtown districts, Asakusa and Ryogoku. Stay in one of our special Deluxe View rooms for the perfect experience. All rooms are equipped with kitchenettes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MYSTAYS HOTEL MANAGEMENT Co., Ltd., Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, JAPANiCAN, Priceline, Travelocity, Rakuten, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel MyStays Asakusa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weekly Mansion Asakusa Hotel Sumida
- Hotel MyStays Asakusa Tokyo, Japan