“Tastiest halal ramen in Tokyo”

Shinjuku Gyoen Ramen Ouka
Ranked #20 of 11,259 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Description: I'm Megumi, the Owner. I believe "enjoying, trying and experiencing different foods" is one of the most exciting bucket lists in traveling. But it may also be a concern because most travelers are not used to the average prices for Japanese restaurants. For last 3 years,we receive many inquiries about these food budgets in Tokyo where the price ranges are more than 1,000,000yen to 400yen. So here's just an example! For food and beverage service industry marketing for 2018 (Searched by Recruit Co.,Ltd.) Our business hour may change suddenly due to sold out. Reservation is recommended. Visit our reservation website for reservation.
Reviewed November 19, 2017

It is quite challenging for us Muslims when visiting Japan. The delicious-looking ramen dishes are all over the place, and honestly very mouth-watering. Since they mainly pork-based broth, we have to find halal certified ramen, usually chicken-based and costs more then the regular ramen. And Ramen Ouka was at the top of the list for Tokyo.

We arrived there around 4 pm, it was crowded so we had to wait outside with our luggage, for about an hour. But it was totally worth it. The place was a bit cramped, but the owners were very friendly and even help us to put our luggage properly inside the restaurant. I tried the menu Spicy Ramen, to satisfy my chili-loving taste buds :) and it was surely delicious! The chicken broth was rich enough, and they even gave us a complimentary peach tea, which was refreshing. It costs about JPY 1800/person for our late lunch.

Easily one of the tastiest halal dishes in Tokyo, so far. Would love to come back here when I visit Tokyo again!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank mellymail
mashriq, オーナー at Shinjuku Gyoen Ramen Ouka, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Thank you very very much for waiting and coming to Halal and Vegan Ramen Ouka‼️
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our Ramen❣️✨✨✨
We also hope that your stay in Tokyo was wonderful‼️
InshaAllah see you again ‼️

Reviewed November 17, 2017

the hostess and staff are so friendly and they'd give you a lot of information not only food but other places that offers halal souvenirs. I came twice during my trip as the taste lingers and made me crave for more. the hostess will explain to you how to order and how many flavours of ramen they offer. price wise, it's affordable. just leave your instant ramen at home as this is by far my favourite meal in japan

Date of visit: September 2017

Thank you very much for coming to Ramen Ouka!!!
We're very happy to know that you enjoyed our authentic ramen✨✨✨
Also hoping you had enough time to see around Tokyo...
There are so many worthfull places here❣️

Thank you very much and we are looking forward to seeing you again‼️

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Went here with the family in August. Had seen and read reviews on tripadvisor so we looked for it and wasn't very hard to find. As it was late at night we didn't have to wait long for a place but it was totally worth it. Myself and my daughter went for the vegetarian option and my husband and son went for the Japanese wagyu beef in their ramen . We went for spiciness level 3 & it was just right & we eat very very spicy food . The quality of food was amazing and would def go back on our next trip to Tokyo. Sister Nuima & the rest of the staff were very hospitable & offered a great service.

Date of visit: August 2017
mashriq, オーナー at Shinjuku Gyoen Ramen Ouka, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Thank you very much for coming to Halal Ramen Ouka in this August‼️We're very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our vegan and wagyu ramen‼️
Hope you also enjoyed your stay in Japan and we are really looking forward to seeing you again soon Nuima Megumi Wachi

Reviewed November 11, 2017

As this was the first time my friends and I dined in a ramen shop, we were clueless on how to use the ordering machine. The staff was patient and helped us to make our orders. Environment setting was great. Food was great and filling. Not as spicy as I thought it would be. We were served mint tea at the end of the meal.

Date of visit: October 2017

Thank you very much for coming Ramen Ouka.
You really like spicy!We use Thailand chilli so maybe you could have add extra,we are ready for much more spicy chilli.
Thank you very much for coming and looking forward to seeing you!

Reviewed October 30, 2017

This is a great ramen restaurant, particularly as my wife is vegan but still wanted to experience traditional ramen. The flavours and quality are excellent, particularly the fresh noodles. Everything is cooked fresh and the staff are very attentive and friendly. We went twice and the first time had to queue for nearly 1 hour but it is so popular. On our return visit, we walked straight in and got a seat so it really depends on the time of day. I suggest in between 3 and 5pm to miss the rush. Definitely go for the spicy ramen as it is so good. Thanks for a great meal.

Date of visit: October 2017

Thank you very much for coming to Ramen Ouka twice‼️We're very glad to hear you enjoyed it❣️Yes, the waiting time would be depending on time.As you suggested, in between 3pm〜5pm will be not bussy period.
We hope you had a great time in Japan
Thank you very much and looking forward to seeing you‼️