All reviews washer dryer family mart shinjuku sanchome station great location trouser press minute walk complimentary coffee isetan department store washing powder bars and restaurants single room room cleaning absolutely stay here again western options hotel is located microwave oven subway entrance
Reviewed March 22, 2017

Once you figure out the location in relation to everything else in Shinjuku, getting around becomes a walk in the park. The room & room service was awesome, they even left me a small bundle on my birthday. Recommended, especially if you're on a tight budget.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

This being my third time staying on Tokyo I had a better idea of what area I wanted to stay in. My first few times to Tokyo I always stayed north-east of Shinjuku JR station near the "red light district", which is where most people tend to stay. After a while those areas become annoying especially at night, and if you are walking alone. They are not dangerous at all, as this is Japan, but still there are better areas. On the other hand the Tokyo Stay hotel is positioned perfectly for tourists. It sits literally 50ft away from the Shinjuku-sanchome subway station with easy connections to anywhere in Tokyo without having to walk all the way back to massive Shinjuku Station. That's a big plus especially after walking around all day, trust me on this one Shinjuku Station sucks when you are tired and lost.

The hotel itself was very good. The staff are very friendly with typical Japanese hospitality. I wish the rest of the world would take note of this as it's unreal how gracious most everyone in this country is. Anyways the staff speak pretty good English and were very helpful. The room itself was basic but clean and of course comes standard with the famed magical toilet. If you don't know what I mean you soon will. This hotel does not have daily housekeeping unless you stay more than 6 days. However they do change the towels each day and remove the trash. Honestly this is perfectly fine unless you are a really dirty person and need new linens daily.

Around the hotels their are tons of restaurants of varying cost and variety as well as numerous bars. If you are concerned about noise it was honestly dead quiet for the 4 nights I was here, so if you are like me and hate noise at night this place fits the bill.

Overall a great choice for those wanting a centrally located, quiet and clean hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
3  Thank nomadicAndrew
Reviewed March 13, 2017

This is undeniably a very nice and relatively new hotel, but I had some mixed feelings about my stay.

Pros:
- Everything was super clean, gotta love the Japanese for that!
- The location is excellent and very hard to beat. In the middle of a small area with lots of restaurants and a stone's throw away from the heart of Shinjuku's vibrant district. There is a subway around the corner and you can also easily walk to the main station in 10-15 minutes.
- Bed was comfortable.
- Room was very quiet, you easily forget you're in Tokyo.
- Free coffee in the lobby
- Room is typical Tokyo size, but the bathroom is larger than average.
- Shower had great water pressure

Cons:
- Internet was consistently bad, even in the daytime.
- Room cleaning or making the bed is every 7 days except for garbage and towels. That's a bit long considering this is a hotel and not an apartment.
- I found the hotel to be expensive for what you get and I have stayed at a few nearby ones.
- CNN is the only English channel.
- Carpet EVERYWHERE. I hate that, but tried to remind myself that they must clean it often.
- Check in is 3 pm and not one minute before regardless of the time you arrive (6 am in my case), whether they have rooms available or not. They do keep your luggage until that time, but they literally waited until there were people lined up to open the check in at precisely 3 pm, airport style. While a nice gesture, the fact that they had already brought my luggage to my room confirmed that the room was ready before that time and early check in, even for a fee, would have been a nice option.
- I did not find the hotel or restaurant staff welcoming at all.They were definitely polite, but not particularly friendly when compared to most places I went to.
- The "Western buffet Breakfast" was disappointing and practically offensive consisting of scrambled eggs, hamburger meat (!!!???) and corn flakes. If you like western breakfasts you should consider this before you pay 1500 yens.The Asian style breakfast options weren't great either and I ended up skipping breakfast most days I stayed there even though I had already paid for it. There are so many restaurants and lovely cafes to try out in Tokyo, so I recommend you don't book breakfast in advance and I'm sorry I did.

I'm still giving this hotel a good score as in all fairness some of my complaints, such as the lack of flexibility for the check-in time, can also be applied to most nearby hotels and the room was fine, but I will not be returning on my next trip later this year.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
3  Thank gohabsgo2028
Reviewed March 8, 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at Tokyu Stay Shinjuku and I have stayed here for a couple of days to have a city trip in Tokyo. Good hotel, wifi is fine, clean room and overall service was good. The location of the hotel is fabulous (only 1-minute walk from Shinjuku-Sanchome Station) - We will defenitly come back to this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Clean and tidy. Friendly staff. Well equipped rooms. The included breakfast is served in a diner around the corner. There are 8 different morning plates to choose from and the food is acceptable.
Only thing missing is international television.
I would without hesitation choose this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple