Tripadvisor

IPPUDO Shinjuku i-Land Tower
Ranked #140 of 11,673 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Description: Ippudo, our ramen restaurant, was first established in 1985 in Hakata, Fukuoka. Currently in 2017, we have over 100 stores throughout Japan. In 1990, our founder, Shigemi Kawahara, entered the Hall of Fame for winning the the ramen competition of the show, "TV Champion" three consecutive times. Then in 2005, he gained the title "Noodle King" after coming in 1st in the "Largest Ramen Competition in History to Decide the Noodle King". In 2008, our first store outside of Japan was opened in New York. Now, we have stores in London, Paris, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Sydney, and in other countries all around the world, totaling 60 stores. Ippudo is the force driving the global ramen fever. We innovate and build the "global standard of ramen shops" all over the world by ensuring not only our delicious tasting ramen but also our great service and atmosphere. We will continue to share our authentic tonkotsu ramen, that we have pursued to the highest quality, throughout the world.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is a very short distance from the Hilton Tokyo although this place is a little hard to find in the i land building (go down the escalators at the street corner). This is a quick dining place but great value for a flavoursome Ramen

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (79)

Reviewed December 17, 2019

I was searching for Ramen close to my hotel (Hilton Tokyo - Shinjuku) and discovered Ippudo. This ramen location had the highest reviews in the general area and it didn't disappoint. The location is a bit challenging to find as it is located in the i-Land Administrative Tower. There are probably 20+ restaurants in this area. Ippudo is a traditional small location and if you hit it at a peak period you will find a line and wait to get in. I had ramen twice during my stay. I had both Spicy and the Modern Tonkatsu. Both were fantastic!!!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019

Nice and small restaurant in Shinjuku, near the Government building and the Hilton in the I-Land Tower. Not the easiest place to find as it's downstairs but the food was tasty (and a lot of it) and was pretty cheap.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 14, 2019

There were nine of us and Ippudo were very accommodating. Easy to order, great food. Three ramen types - the spicy was a bit smaller than the other and delicious. The dumplings were a hit with the kids! (And adults)

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed January 21, 2019

It was my daughter's birthday while we were in Tokyo and her wish was to have a true traditional Japanese Ramen dinner. She found a spot with great reviews and off we went, just a short walk from our hotel; the Tokyo Hilton.

I'll admit I was a little skeptical as I had had home made traditional ramen before and well it was no more than ok, however this was very, very good!

The restaurant is what I would call a little 'hole in the wall' type place in the lower level of the Shinjuku Island Tower and any given day I would have walked on by, this one was not a walk by though. We got a little table for two in a tight little corner and sorted out the menu selections, thank goodness Tokyo is big on not only photo menus but also english ones on request! We picked the best we could and waited in anticipation.
In one word, this was delicious! Flavourful, close to filling and, well, just yummy. I am a convert! Excellent job guys, this is a must visit traditional restaurant! Oh, and not over priced either!

Date of visit: December 2018