I had the cheapest category, the "bright" room, and it was small, but I've seen a lot smaller in Tokyo. Room size was certainly acceptable to me for the price. Only one English t.v. channel, CNN, nothing else. Comfortable bed, quiet room, everything worked. Small refrigerator in the room was nice.
Location is quite amazing, 2 minutes to Shinjuko station, many subway lines. Beware if you are taking a "bullet train" they don't leave from Shinjuko station... they leave from Tokyo Station, so you will have to take a train to get first to Tokyo station. So many shops, restaurants, 24 hours convenience stores all over the place. Mcdonald's 1/2 block away is open 24 hours. A few Starbucks-type coffee places very close by too.
The breakfast buffet is an incredibly great value, and was really good, I think about $14. You would be foolish to pass up on it. Also, their restaurant has a lunch special for about $12 I think, that had a good steak, salad, soup, rice, tea/coffee, discounted dessert too. And it was really tasty. Not sure if they do room service here.
There was free wifi internet that was great and fast. Staff were all polite and friendly.
Free newspapers in the morning, including International Herald Tribune. Vending machines on each floor, with ice too. Exceptionally clean hotel.
The airport Limo bus stops right at the hotel to both Hanada and Narita airports, so it's convenient to get to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Higashi-Shinjuku first opened on April 1, 2007, in the energetic business and shopping hub of Tokyo in the Higashi-Shinjuku prefecture. The hotel provides business and leisure travelers with direct access to Shinjuku Station, the largest train station in Japan.The hotel's contemporary, streamlined accommodations create a serene environment for guests to relax and retire to, away from the busy streets of Tokyo. This Shinjuku hotel's amenities, including secure accommodation and elevator access, expansive breakfast buffet at the hotel's restaurant Royal Host, and traditional Chinese menu at Bamiyan restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sunroute Co., Ltd., Booking.com, Hotels.com, JAPANiCAN, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Rakuten, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Higashi Hotel Shinjuku
- Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku
- Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku Tokyo