Do not stay here if you travel to Tokyo especially if you are alone as the owners are incredibly rude to some.
After booking my room around 4 days in advance I arrived late at night from an international flight from narita as I had foreshadowed in the email. The owners had said that would be fine.
But I was treated with great disdain and as a total nuisance as one of the owners had forgot to record the bookings. The female owner was incredibly rude to me every chance she got despite my efforts to communicate in Japanese all the while she was friendly to a young couple in front of me. I asked if it was impossible to extend my stay and she said no flatly and then moments later gave a different answer to another guest within my earshot. If you are going to rent rooms out and charge by the person don't be rude to a single because you would prefer to have a couple in there that will pay more. In that instance change how much you are charging.
In a nutshell I have travelled a lot so I know mistakes are sometimes made when it comes to bookings etc. But there is no excuse for treating someone with contempt. I have also spent almost 2 years living in Japan years ago and I know this is not a typical Japanese experience. They are usually incredibly hospitable.
So save your hard earned cash to spend somewhere else as you may have to pay a bit more but you will be treated well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tama Ryokan provides basic accommodation for a reasonable price in a central Tokyo location. It is about 3 minutes walk from the Yamanote line, and literally seconds from the Tozai subway line. It is also convenient to the Internet - we have a WiFi throughout the building, and 24-hour access to one desktop computer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Tama Ryokan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tama Ryokan Hotel Shinjuku
- Tama Ryokan Shinjuku, Tokyo