All reviews shinjuku station great location post office twin room bus terminal ladies room yodobashi camera west exit extra pillows few minutes walk street noise rooms are small hotel is located non smoking other hotels keio plaza the hotel staff
Reviewed September 19, 2017

My wife and I stayed in a double-bed room over 6 nights at Hotel Kadoya, based on our Australian travel agent's recommendation that we required budget priced accommodation in the heart of Tokyo (in this case the Shinjuku district of the city). We were not disappointed and paid AUS$280 per night in September. The rooms and en-suits are small like all central hotels in this class, but exceptionally clean and quiet (we were on the rear of the building). You literally walk to everything you need, including Shinjuku Station. The restaurant is basic, but perfectly adequate for breakfast, light snacks and drinks with friendly waiters. Suitcases can be stored free of charge if you need to journey away and return, extra pillows free on request and late check-outs available at a modest extra charge, Very pleased with the attention we received from the tourist friendly reception staff, who all speak English either sufficiently or fluently. Nice to see Japanese business people and visitors from other parts of Japan also choosing this hotel, which really says it all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the rear of the hotel for maximum quietness and the free extra pillow service.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank gljcaldwell
Reviewed August 24, 2017

Stayed for 3 nights in a non-smoking twin room. Good location. Close to shopping malls, restaurants and bus terminal, train stations (JR, Keio, metro). Room size is ok (slightly bigger than the other hotels in Shinjuku area). In spite of its location, there was no issue with noise. Was able to sleep well. Staff are friendly and speaks good English.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank geraldchua
Reviewed August 20, 2017

I would have wished they had bigger rooms but it's Japan so was to be expected. Great location -- right next to a Lawson and across from natural Lawson and a strip of restaurants. staff were really nice too!!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2017

I love the Kadoya hotel. I have been going for years. The staff is excellent, the location is excellent. Now I know many rooms. My favourite are the ones to the back street. I will go back. It is my hotel in Tokio. Thank you again Hotel Kadoya. Kiss, nuria

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2017

It's been my second time since I visited Tokyo and stayed at this hotel last 2 years. The reason I chose this hotel again was mainly due to the good impression I had last time and this time did not disappoint me at all. Hotel's front desk was still foreigner friendly, able to communicate in English quite well. The room might look a bit old but it was still clean. Like last time, I would say this hotel has two big advantages - 1) the room size (I stayed in a twin room both visits) is large, when compared to other typical business hotel in Japan; and 2) the location is prime, just 5 minutes walk from JR Shinjuku station (west exit). Whenever I visit Tokyo again in the future, Kadoya hotel will definitely be in my top list.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple