“Great hotel”

Ranked #15 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Sydney, Australia
“Great hotel”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was our first visit to Tokyo / Japan and the Kayoda Hotel was a great find. We chose a 'twin comfort room' which gave us a little more space. Easy booking on line. Room very clean, amazing en-suite bathroom facility. Staff very helpful. Easy to find and access from airports (travelled there from Narita airport by train and walked from Shinjuku Station; walked to bus stop to catch bus to Haneda Airport on departure). Close to the pulse of East Shinjuku but quiet. Great value. Would stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank msjrg
You me enjoying Japan, I'm glad

I hope to be if I saw in this place with your friends and with you

It's a poor English, but give you the thanks of crowning

kadoya hotel sunaga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

My family (2A + 2C) stayed in a triple room. The location was simply fantastic (5 stars). 3 mins from the shinjuku station, although first time we took 10 mins because it was not easy to find. Just below the hotel there is a convenience stall and eateries can be found just a street away. The hotel staff was helpful and assisted us to forward our luggage to our last hotel. The hotel and furniture is quite old but is generally in a good condition.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank 2824
かどやホテル, フロント at Kadoya Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Let me be the supreme joy of words of praise from you

The age of the building will continue to renewal at any time from now
I think when it was reunited with you, and if Moraere to enjoy the room that you renewed

It's a poor English, but give you the thanks of crowning
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Kadoya hotel for 5 nights in April.

The rooms where well fitted out and clean, with free Wi-Fi on every floor (a previous review mentions poor Wi-Fi but this is definitely not the case!).

The location is perfect and you can easily walk to a number of fantastic sights - we did Shinjuku, National Gardens, Meiji-Jingu, Shibuya, Harajuku, and even watched baseball at the Meiji Jingu Stadium all by foot.

On our last night in the city we left some luggage at a restaurant and where unable to get back in time to retrieve it before flying home. The hotel went out of their way to receive the luggage back from the restaurant and then air freight it from Tokyo to London, where it has arrived back safely (including iPad, DSLR and credit cards).

A fantastic experience through out!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ian W
かどやホテル, フロント at Kadoya Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I'm glad you seem to have had a great time.

I hope to meet again with you

I'm sorry in poor English, but I want to receive the word of thanks

kadoya hotel sunaga
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great location. Few minutes walk to airport shuttle bus and Shinjuku station. Plenty of good eating places, convenience stores and shopping nearby.
Friendly, helpful staff. Large room for Tokyo and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
かどやホテル, フロント at Kadoya Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I'm glad you like me enjoying Japan
You are waiting to me come back to kadoya hotel

kadoyahotel sunaga
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Great location. Near to shinjuku station with lawson convenience store around corner.Room is very spacious.beds are very comfortable.the only thing is that aircon is very old , probably need sevicing.coin laundry on the 3 rd floor.300yen for washing 200 yen for drying.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank denisechua
かどやホテル, フロント at Kadoya Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you stayed Kadoya. As a customer you say, in the vicinity of the hotel, it is very convenient there are various stores.
For the laundry room, because there is a machine, such as a vending machine, we put the air conditioning, but then it would be warm in the heat. I will let you the discomfort.
We are looking forward to visitors again.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I hope you to renew the carpet of the room due to poor in smell and cleaness. It looks so aged and it let me be running nose.
For the sleeping bed, it is too soft for me and I can't sleep quite well.
For the location, it is very good for my business choice. And I can take the traffic to everywhere as I wanted.
For the service, I don't find any series issue to them. It is ok for me. and they deal with the clients with good attitude

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
かどやホテル, フロント at Kadoya Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for using the Our hotel.
For the bed, kind of mattress is different by room type.
When the reservation next time, please talk what mattress or good.
The hotel room is a mattress, such as Simmons, Tempur-Pedic has entered
There.
We are looking forward to using you again.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Location for that $$ is really value for money. Almost everything we need is nearby, transport from Disney, to narita airport (taken from Keio plaza hotel), around the city, 2 stop to haraujuku, 1 stop away to shibuya, walking distance around Shinjuku. We are surrounded by local restaurants, shopping stores, starbucks, mac, lawson, 7eleven which are great as as get to explore around after dropping our stuff at the hotel. We even found ramen shops at midnight.

The room is a little small, we had to shift the chairs around so that fit our 2 luggage on the floor. We are a group of 3 so we had different bookings on different period (Single+twin and a triple on our last day). The Single and twin room was okay, a little dirty on the carpeted floor but was comfortable. However the single room at the corner gives a weird feeling and lesser stuff compared to the twin room (eg the boiler is different from the twin room and there is no purifier). We experience a 6.8 mag earthquake and woke up with the room shaking. Thank god it only last 5 mins and we were ok.

The triple room was the best of all, spacious enough for all 3 and was cleaner. However the boiler was quite dirty and we didnt get to use it. check in and out was quite fast and i find the staff are good as we been changing our booking (so to get rooms for all 3) and they had been efficient and patient with us.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank MissyTeo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Shinjuku
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
#11 of 81 in Shinjuku

Been to Kadoya Hotel? Share your experiences!