“A very nice hotel”

Ranked #14 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Seoul, South Korea
“A very nice hotel”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel is very good for following reasons;
1. very close to Shinjuku Station which is largest and biggest station in the world. You can go anywhere in Tokyo faster and easier.
2. window is opening. There are a lot of hotels in Shinjuku whose window is unopenable. It makes me mad. You can ventilate easier even after you smoke.
3. reasonable room charge. Many hotels in Shinjuku have higher room charge with lower quality.
4. silent. This hotel is smaller than others in Shinjuku. There is no one who talks loud and bother your rest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Hongwangja

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bacolod, Philippines
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We got Kadoya as alternative when we needed an additional room. We were booked at nearby Keio Plaza Hotel and it was just a block away and nearer the Shinjuku Station. The room was typically small as usual for Japanese hotels. Beds were clean and comfortable. Bathroom was small but the teenagers were fine with it. Downside was that there was no wifi in room only LAN access. We have not tried breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank KTJison
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here because my preferred hotel was booked and I had to be at the train station the next day. Based on reviews I read and the price, I expected a decent hotel. The service was minimal, the lobby chairs are filthy (only wifi in the lobby) and my non smoking room absolutely stunk of cigarette smoke. It smelled more like an ash tray than fresh smoke. I'm fairly tolerant of poor condition, but this place just grossed me out. I would never stay here again. It was my least favorite and most expensive room I stayed in during a two week trip to Japan. The bedding was poor quality, but it was clean. Also, the bathroom was clean, but stunk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We choose this hotel firstly due to its location to Shinjuku Station as we are doing side trips from Tokyo for 4 days and needed to deposit our lugguages first thing when we arrive in Tokyo. We emailed the hotel confirming our reservation when the dates were getting near and told them about our lugguages. They did not want to keep them as we did not stay the 1st night when we arrived and explained that their luggage storage is small.. After some haggling, they accepted our request. We were prepared to cancel the reservation if they did not allow. At the same time, we looked for alternatives and emailed Shinjuku Washington Hotel under general enquiries and they were more than willing to keep our lugguages without any conditions. So, do take note if you want to deposit your lugguages with Kadoya Hotel.

So we stayed 3 nights, twin room at Kadoya Hotel. We were worried as many reviews mentioned about the smoky lobby. However, the lobby was not smoky at all when we were there. No hint of cigarette smoke smell. Probably everyday we went out early and came back late. And there are a lot of toilet amenities, in sachets, free to take at the lobby. The staffs were friendly. There are 2 lifts which ran pretty fast.

Our twin room was quite huge for a japan hotel. We were able to lay out our 24" and 26" lugguages on the floor, with our day bags and shopping bags everywhere and we still had space to walk. We didn't have to put our lugguages up or tow them under the bed. Everything is very clean and the toilet also has its own full set of amenities too! There is a hot water kettle and an air purifier. We stayed on the 9th floor facing the main road but we could only hear the crows early in the morning.

As for the free WiFi, we can't comment as we had rented WiFi equipment ourselves. We did not try to connect to the hotel's WiFi either.

Location, needless to say, is AWESOME! Just 3 mins walk from Exit 6, Kei-O Line at Shinjuku West Central Exit. Don't expect escalators though.

There is a huge Lawson next to the hotel. And opposite, there is Doutor for breakfast and another Lawson but Lawson Natural, which sells a lot organic food. And a lot of eateries nearby.

Overall, Kadoya Hotel is an aged hotel, but everything is functioning (not sure about wifi?) and very clean. For the excellent location and the size of the room, the price is very reasonable. On a fairly budget trip, I would chose Kadoya Hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank llydzzi
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very good overall. We stayed in the hotel for 4 days. The employees were very nice. The room was pretty roomy. One think I really liked was all the things were provided in the restroom. I didn't have to buy my own hair conditioner and hair shampoo. The location of the hotel was very convinient, too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've always stayed in Kadoya Hotel whenever I'm in Tokyo. The location is good & service is excellent. The new room design is simple yet comfortable. I'll definitely stay with this hotel when I visit Tokyo again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I chose this hotel for two reasons: price and location. The hotel was reasonably priced and it's very close to the Shinjuku station.

Location was important to me, because we were first time Japan travelers and we arrived in Tokyo/Haneda late at night. A shuttle bus was available to take us to Shinjuku station and it was easy to walk to the hotel from there (with a little help from a GPS).

The room was fairly small, but I think that's normal for Tokyo. As with most places in Japan, there's always a hint of smoke even if you get a non-smoking room. The room did not have a safe-deposit box, but one is available in the lobby, but that one was small and probably won't fit something like a camera.
We had a double bed, but my side of bed had obviously been used more and I had some trouble with it.

There's a small cafe attached to the hotel and they give you a small discount when you eat there (we did not purchase breakfast with the hotel). The restaurant has a Japanese and Western style breakfast at a reasonable price. You can eat dinner there, but there are a lot of restaurants around in Shinjuku anyways, where you can get a better dinner.

For us a first timers to Japan we had overall a good experience with this hotel and I think I can recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Spamdaemon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku
Tokyu Stay Shinjuku
Tokyu Stay Shinjuku
#2 of 81 in Shinjuku

Been to Kadoya Hotel? Share your experiences!