1,684 results
All reviews rooftop bar love hotels the red light district loft room golden gai nice hotel minute walk never felt unsafe robot restaurant rooms are small walking distance the club lounge hotel is located night life other hotels google maps train station
Reviewed June 2, 2017

1.TERIBBLE breakfast!
VERY LOW standard of food- in fact nothing to eat!
this is a 4* hotel, where i found out that i need also to to download my food & staff from the breakfast table!!
i spoke about it with the manager of the hotel, who was insolent in his answer telling me that this is standard in whole Japan 4* star hotel!!
bottom line- DON'T RESERVE THIS HOTEL WITH BREAKFAST!
u pay for it-& get nothing-at least for Western breakfast
terrible coffee-Espresso machine in lobby-start operating after 10:00 am ??
2.Room- was big room 50% bathroom, so practically the room itself was small
3.not 4* high class hotel
4.unfortunately we stayed in this hotel 8 ! nights & booked for 3 weeks later, for another 4 nights, which we of course cancelled in due time.

Room Tip: don't book with breakfast
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Roro1810
Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

The advertisement for rooms is nothing close to what you will receive. I was not welcomed by a friendly staff at concierge as you would generally expect, she was rude, abrupt and could not care less. Her English was very difficult to understand and she never smiled or said "thank you" or "we hope you enjoy your stay", it felt no different to going through a McDonalds drive through. After that I went to the room to find what looked like a fur ball catch my feet as I had taken off my shoes and found blonde hair bundled up on my toes from the previous guest.
Don't waste your money or your time.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

I'm staying in this hotel, for the 3rd night. The rooms are tiny, no place even for our luggages! No closet in the room nor any solution for our stuff and clothing. The price per room is unbelievable highly for such a poor result! And it's not including breakfast. We paid one morning for breakfast and it's same poor as any other parts of this hotel.
Above all, the attitude of the hotel employees, especially in the front desk, is arrogant and not friendly and you barely can manage with basic English
I'm sorry, but the best thing I can say about this hotel, is that 2 days more and we'll stop suffering from this bad place

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
7  Thank 2016Opi
Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at the Shinjuku Granbell for 10 nights from 19/5 to 30/5.

First impressions were good, great location (2 min walk from Higashi-Shinjuku station, 20 min walk from main Shinjuku station) great decor and friendly staff. We arrived at 12.30pm and couldn't get our room until 3pm.. we were a bit disappointed having been travelling for almost 24 hours.

Overall our stay was very comfortable. Although they are small, the rooms are very clean and have everything you need, hairdryer, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush etc. The room also had air conditioning which was well used as it was pretty hot from the sun facing the window.

My only dislike was the limited storage space. For a couple staying 10 nights we did have a lot of stuff so we had to live out of our suitcases due to there being no wardrobe and only 4 coat hangers.

TV channels were also limited with only news channels being broadcast in English.

We visited the roof top bar on our last night, drinks are expensive but you also get to see a spectacular view of Shinjuku/Kabukicho.

Check out was efficient and quick, although they tried to charge me 410 yen for the privilege of calling a taxi (around £3.00).. we managed to hail one just outside the main road and it cost us 700 yen to take us to the main station to get the Narita Express to the airport.

Would definitely stay here again but will most likely pay for an upgrade next time to have a larger room.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xhattiex
Reviewed May 30, 2017

This is by far the best hotel I have stayed in for being quiet, I actually didn't think anyone else for on our floor, but there was, you hear nothing from the other rooms, even no doors opening and closing, and no outside noise, our room was on the same floor as the open bar, and we had no nose from there
the rooms are a little small, but we managed ok, they are very clean
the location is perfect to see all of Shinjuku
the rooftop bar was brilliant, the drinks we thought were expensive, but when you go out to drinks it was more
the atmosphere was lovely and relaxing after walking for miles outside
Naomi on the bar was so friendly, she even wrote my name out for me in Japanese
we had breakfast 2 days of our 6 day stay, and there was a good selection, enough to keep you going while out and about, Shinjuku is great, so much happening day and night, it sometimes may seem a little seedy but we didn't have any problems
the rooms are cleaned pristinely every day, and the bedding changed daily to
could not fault this hotel brilliant, the best we stayed in in Japan

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple