“Τέλεια Περιοχή”

and up
Private Custom Tour: Tokyo in a Day
Ranked #1 of 347 things to do in Shinjuku
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A beautiful park with great organization and a great city great detail the case for photography enthusiasts recommend it to anyone visiting the area

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Last time I was in the National Garden, it was cherry blossom time, and what a show it was! Photographers everywhere angling for the best shot, locals and tourists alike enjoying the beauty of the new flowering season. This time, it was winter and the stark beauty revealed another side of this natural wonder: many aspects of the planning and layout are breath-taking. Be sure to visit the Greenhouse: it is an awesome collection, in the true sense of that word.The Garden is so restful and so distinctive that it is an unmissable component of any visit to Tokyo.

1  Thank MelbourneMeg_12
Reviewed January 4, 2014

A beautiful park next to the city. It's about half a mile walk from all the major shops and malls. It's a great place to see the beautiful lakes, fields, trees, and do not forget to visit the awesome greenhouse.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

amazing traditional park.. perfectly maintained and manicured gardens. plus a great running/walking track.

1  Thank Danny G
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I loved it here - I managed to find it on my own, walking from Shinjuku Station (I think it took me longer than it should, I followed road signs instead of maps!).

I arrived with only an hour left to walk around the park, which was a real shame because I missed the Greenhouse and the tea traditions. I'd have loved to have dedicated a few hours to this parks, even in Autumn.

I can appreciate that I was seeing the park at its worse - it was cold and there was no blossom, no green grass. It was beautiful though. There were trees that had beautiful colours on their leaves and lovely places to sit and watch the koi in the water.

A great place to go to take photos, to sit and watch the world go by, perhaps not so much a place to adventurers looking for lots to do.

I went around the park on my own and felt completely safe and content, but there were a number of lovely old couples sitting around the park, which was lovely.

There was a fee to enter 200 yen - but all things considered, this relatively low fee was worth while.