“great time” 5 of 5 bubbles

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

thanks akio - a great ride in the autumn sun. Enjoyed the stops along the way, and your explanations +++

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Scotland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Bike Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Fun trip around Tokyo, taking in some major sites. Easy to do even if you dont cycle regulary but the last section is one hour of cycling so dont be too unfit. Definately worth doing if it is your first visit to Tokyo.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Highly recommended, Akio is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

On our recent trip to Japan we did a 6 hour bike tour with Akio. Akio is a great guy and knows everything about the places you visit on the tour. 6 hours might seem a lot but you will spend much time at sights and you have enough breaks. Akio runs a one man company and only started last year and because of this his groups are usually smaller than other bike tours, which I think is a big plus. In a city in which you usually use the subway for transportation it was really nice to see some of the sights by bicycle. Thank you Akio!

Montreal, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Top quality Tokyo Bike Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

"Small group on that sunday ( 3 participants). I truly enjoy the tour with Akio. The itinerary and sights selected were very interesting and Akio was a very knowledgeable guide. We did cover a lot of this fantastic city. We did spend some time at a Temple where there was a beautiful family ceremony with monks in honor of a person . We also saw a wedding ceremony which was very interesting. The equipment was in very excellent condition. Highly recommended !"

Visited April 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour, Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

On November 3 I took the 6 hour bike tour of Tokyo with Akio as my guide. Akio was very friendly and spoke English well. We started with a walk through of the bike, which was very helpful and his bikes are in great shape.

The tour was great, I was able to see so many sites I was interested in within a short time and didn't have to deal with sitting in Tokyo traffic. The route Akio takes is very safe, most of the riding is on sidewalks or back streets with very little, if any, traffic.

At all of the stops Akio gave a tour of the site with informative information and then allowed time to explore on your own. At no time did I feel rushed and I had enough time to explore. Akio was also very accommodating with the tour; he was always asking if I wanted to stop for drinks, snack, restrooms, etc.

I was very lucky to tour with Akio on November 3 because on our way back to Shinjuku we went past the State Guest House which is rarely open for guests to visit the garden but today it was so Akio asked if I was interested in seeing it but that would put us back after the scheduled return time of 3pm. Of course I wanted to see it and interestingly enough this was the first time Akio ever visited the State Guest House too! This was a nice added bonus.

Overall this was a great tour, great guide and a great way to see Tokyo and get more comfortable with the layout of the city. I thought this was a great value for the money and I highly recommend this tour! Thanks Akio for making my first day in Tokyo awesome!