“One of e best ramen chain in Japan ”

Ichiran Shinjuku Central East Entrance
Ranked #3 of 8,714 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Manila
“One of e best ramen chain in Japan ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

We almost tried all the ramen chains in Japan but we always come back to Ichiran. This is so far one of our favorite ramen shops. We love the tonkatsu broth and also how you can customize the ramen depending on how you want it prepared. There's always a line here even at 10pm. If you're hungry I would recommend the Omotesando branch because it's bigger. Price is ok. There are cheaper ramen shops but this is quality ramen you you get your money's worth

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
“Unique experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Paid for my meal at a vending machine at the entrance of the restaurant and collected my meal ticket. Had to chose the kind of soup and make certain meal preferences, when making my selection at the vending machine. I then proceeded to the dining area. Each of the seat and table was separated with a partition. The curtain would open and you would hand the meal ticket to the staff. Within a few minutes the bowl of the delicious ramen would be served. We had the choice of adding more noodles (make sure you don't finish all your soup from the original meal) or purchase extra items. I will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Fantastic! Must experience in Japan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was my first "pay at a vending machine then eat" experience in Japan. So fun. The staff there is so helpful for a tourist like myself too. The ramen is one of the best I've had. I love the personal cubicle you get to eat and the incognito way they serve you thru the little "curtain".... just a fun experience for anyone who is visiting Japan. Highly recommend.
Easy to find and close to the Shinjuku Station east exit. Try it!

• Visited July 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Ramen in your own cubicle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

After reading about this place, made it a point to find Shinjuku east exit. Go across the road past by Adidas corner shop, you should be able to find the shop to your right. We chanced upon it by asking a security guard!

Upon going down the stairs, you will find the machine for you to pay to get the ticket. I think it was 750yen per bowl without egg or seaweed. Those are extras. You then either need to queue up or will be shown to your cubicle, depending on the time of the day you decide to visit the outlet.

You will be given a form to fill out on whether you would like your ramen to be soft, medium or hard, the number of garlic you would like and at what level you would like the chilli in your ramen.

The ramen was really good and I would have to say that it was one of them best we have tasted whilst in Japan. Perhaps,
we haven't managed to try many ramen shops so far.

What I liked about this place was that you have your own privacy when slurping the noodles and soup...however, stool they make you sit on is not comfortable. I don't think it is a place meant for people to linger and chit chat...more like a place for one to fill their tummy and go. Definitely worth a visit if you are at shinjuku station.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Karen S
Singapore, Singapore
“Awesome best ramen i've tasted!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

came on recommendation of a friend. It was an unforgettable dish! We get to customize our noodles... it's amazing! soup and everything done according to what we selected... really awesome! it's a MUST-TRY MUST-DO thing when in Japan! :)

• Visited June 2013