“An amazing lunch + buffet”
Review of New York Grill

New York Grill
Ranked #19 of 11,259 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed August 1, 2018

I went with my mum on the July 30 2018 having seen the movie Lost In Translation 2 times. Prior to my visit, I was not sure if the weekend lunch menu was the same as the weekday lunch menu( they offer holiday lunch menu at a higher price ) and I tried calling but the service desk on the other side of the line could not hear me( maybe it's an issue with my phone). I decided to postpone my visit until an ordinary weekday. The buffet appetizer and desert were fantastic, I never seen such an elaborate food for a buffet. They serve shrimp, parma ham, melon ect... I had pork for a main course while my mum had pasta. I have to say that the pork was a little overwhelming for me while the pasta tasting amazing. I highly recommend ordering the pasta as a main course. It was sweet, salty and al dente.
The service was very good. After returning from the washroom, the waiter in suit and tie took the initiative to pull the tablecloth for me to enter to my seat. After my dinner I ask one of the staff about where the movie was film. He explain to me some of the shots although he told me he join New York Grill in 2003 while the movie was film in 2001. He told me he had to watch the movie since many of the diners were asking about it. What impressive me most is when I ask about transportation back to Shinjuku, he told me there a free bus but seats on the bus required reservation. He offered to book the next bus for us.
Overall, I had an amazing time and will certainly visit again. :)

Date of visit: July 2018
ParkHyattTokyo, 広報担当マネージャー at New York Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a great time with us. Look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

We went for an romantic dinner at this restaurant and it was really nice! The staff was so friendly including the chefs. The food was amazing and the view at night was fantastic!
I have eaten at many fine dining’s before; but this is absolutely the best so far in Tokyo!

Date of visit: July 2018
ParkHyattTokyo, 広報担当マネージャー at New York Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Thank you very much. We are glad to hear that you had a great time with us. Look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2018

We were having our new year eve dinner 2018 here. A very nice and romantic restaurant and great dishes. The food are excellent, we will come back for another special moment.

Date of visit: December 2017
ParkHyattTokyo, 広報担当マネージャー at New York Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here for the view and it is fantastic. The food was average for a restaurant this expensive. Service was inattentive.

Date of visit: June 2018
ParkHyattTokyo, 広報担当マネージャー at New York Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and we are sorry that you were disappointed with your experience. We do sincerely thank you for coming to New York Grill.

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

We went as a family and had a great night with service that was attentive and professional. The food was well above average with one daughter saying it was the best steak she had ever had and my vegetarian daughter said the vegetable curry was outstanding. Pricing was what you would expect from this caliber of restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2018
ParkHyattTokyo, 広報担当マネージャー at New York Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018