“Great view, great salad and dessert buffet, rather pricey”
Review of New York Grill

New York Grill
Ranked #9 of 8,871 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed May 4, 2014

After living in Tokyo for six years I finally got to try this place. We went for lunch after my friends' daughter's baptism. We pre-ordered our main courses (you can choose from pasta, fish, pork, chicken and lamb) but the appetizers and desserts were buffet-style. Everything was perfectly made and tasted marvelous. Since I have a sweet tooth I really enjoyed the desserts. Make sure you grab a few of the chocolate chip cookies :)
The view was magnificent (thankfully it was a clear day in Tokyo!)
It was pricey at Y6900++ per head but if you're celebrating a special occasion this is well worth a visit.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Great food, amazing views, top notch service - a very special place to dine at.
Kobe steak - do it!
NY cheesecake - yum!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Reviewing the New York Grill strictly as a restaurant is rather to miss the point. You come here, or to the adjacent bar, first and foremost for the view of downtown Tokyo at night. It will be one of the most memorable sights of any visit to Japan! Staying for dinner, I found the food, service and ambience to be very good (though the live music can get pretty loud). My crab cake starter was excellent, and the tuna steak that followed cooked just as I requested. A steak-lover in our party came away equally happy. At this price though, you'd ordinarily expect more than very good, flawlessly prepared dishes. You'd expect the sort of artistry and originality of a top restaurant - of which there are many in Tokyo - and you don't get that here. All told we had a memorable evening, with a good dinner, and I'd highly recommend an evening here to anyone visiting Tokyo. Don't think though, that the famous view comes for free!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Loved this place. Yes, you get what you pay for but since it was our weding anniversary we splashed out with a nice botle of Champagne and a 4 course meny. Great food and even better service. One of my favorite restaurant experiences ever.

5  Thank Christin A
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was our farewell dinner after 3 weeks in Japan! And what a Grand Finale! We all took the set menu. Great food starting with the Octopus ceviche, followed by the Foie gras mousse. The Black Cod was fabulous but the Sirloin topped it.
It was crowned by the Espresso Coffee Crumble.
The wine list was good, the service very professional and the views......
A restaurant not to be missed!

1  Thank Johann S