ibis Tokyo Shinjuku
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Shinjuku Prince Hotel(Shinjuku)
Kadoya Hotel(Shinjuku)
1,282 results
All reviewsgreat locationwest exitwelcome drinkplatinum membersingle roomsmall roomtrain stationfew minutes walkconvenience storefront desk staffthe ground floorstreet levelopen the windowroom ratenarita expresslate checkwestern food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is not located 3 minutes from JR Shinjuku station, it will take you 10 to 15 minutes walk from the west exit of Shinjuku station (exit 1). It is behind odakyu dept store and has McDonald's in the ground floor.
The good thing about the hotel is its location-near JR Shinjuku station that has direct access to airport, 2 stops to Harajuku, 3 stops to Shibuya and the bus terminal for highway buses to Mt Fuji. Unfortunately, typhoon Whipa was in Tokyo when we were there. Railways are disrupted so won't able to go anywhere. But we able to walk to the nearby malls like Takashimaya and Tokyu Hands. The front desk especially Saori was very helpful. We were accepted for early check in. The following day, she was trying to help us to contact Highway bus if they were operating...but the lines are busy, so we decided to walk to the station to find out. However, they let us call for our hotel in Kawaguchiko. Our room was a twin room and even though the room was small (a standard in Japan)it was economical with small fridge, a kettle and an LCD tv, bathroom amenities. The room rate is higher although it include breakfast. And there was a limited choice for breakfast and the coffee was not hot. But overall we enjoyed our rainy stay in Ibis-convenience stores are very near and you can opt to have breakfast at McDonalds( however my Accor points did not gave me the option to book for a room only).

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank abba25
Reviewed October 21, 2013

everyone is so fantastic starting from reservation office, front office,
restaurant and the house keepings.

kind and fast response from all of them.

check in and check out is very fast.

location is awesome. supermarket is next to
the hotel. jr station just a quick walk.

again, all staffs are very helpful and willing to
assist in every way.

will stay again definitely.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. For the very limited space and for a 3-star hotel, the price is pretty expensive but quite reasonable considering that I WAS SMACK IN THE HEART OF TOKYO. I do not regret paying for a steep price because convenience is the name of the game when doing a city as big as Tokyo and thus, accessibility is very important.

Check-out time is 11am. When I asked for a late check-out, the front desk agreed up to 12 noon. When I reported that my shirt was missing, they agreed to move my check-out time to 2:00pm. (They returned my shirt later later on, all laundered and pressed. I was advised that houskeeping accidentally took my shirt during the cleaning of my room.)

The McDonald's right down stairs gave me a cheaper option for breakfast at 600 JPY per meal. Ibis offered 1,200 JPY for the breakfast buffet. Who needs to pig-out for breakfast anyway ???? The Shinjuku Nishiguchi Station has a handful of fast food Japanese restaurants offering 600 JPY for a full meal. The convenience stores around the hotel offers another option for quick meals, fruits and water.

All told, Ibis gave me a fruitful Japanese experience ...

Room Tip: The front desk has English-speaking staff and were quite knowledgeable of the city. They gave me a lot of helpful tips and insights.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kikoiv
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Cheap and very conveniently located a few steps from shinjuku subway station. located on top of a mcdonalds and close by to shopping area. clean and well maintained hotel. rooms can be a bit small but its made up by the efficient service.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ke h
ibis.Tokyo.Shinjuku, Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for sharing a lovely feedback following your recent stay with us at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with our facilities, efficient service and the accessible hotel location in the heart of Shinjuku.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku for your future visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Kind Regards,