“Well located decent hotel - all as expected” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of ibis Tokyo Shinjuku

ibis Tokyo Shinjuku
Ranked #16 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Dubai
“Well located decent hotel - all as expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you book an Ibis hotel, you will have certain expectations about a clean room, bathroom and bed. This place certainly met those requirements (although the shower was only 5' above the bath) and the free in room Wi-Fi was very welcome too. The reception process was straightforward and the staff spoke good English and were very helpful with a few location and travel queries that I had. There is a decent coffee shop on the premises although if all you want is coffee it is expensive compared to other coffee shops nearby. The location is great - just 5 minutes walk west on Shinjuku Statin station, in a safe area. All in all, I was very happy with the hotel and would happily stay there again.

A few things to note:
1. No coffee in the rooms - only tea
2. You will need a Japanese plug adaptor
3. I was surprised to be charged a late check out fee when extending the checkout from 12:00 to 14:00, particularly when I had arrived after midnight. It seems a bit mean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

They managed to turn a former hotel into a clean & trendy place with modern lines. The location is in a happening place with plenty of restaurants and shopping malls. The area facing the hotel is very safe but one have to be bit careful (but need not be a paranoid) when exploring the back lanes behind the hotel.
The room is with wifi, clean & the bed is comfortable.
The hotel is a few minutes from various train stations which connect to all parts of Tokyo & the whole country.
While checking out on Sunday, I left a gift at the reception to be picked up by my friend working in an area about 7 train stations from the Hotel. When I returned to Malaysia, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the Hotel had delivered the gift to my friend's workplace. That's what I call 'service'. I salute them.
I did ask them to provide a small shower room (if possible) for guests who have late flight departures.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ibis.Tokyo.Shinjuku, Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review following your recent stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku.

I am very pleased to hear that your friend received your gift and that you were impressed with our services. We appreciate your compliment of the services and I have passed your kind word to the team.

Also I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Near to station and city centre. Close to shops. Room is small but enough since we only stay at the hotel for sleep. Direct access to airport via Narita Express. Convinience store and McDonalds are just downstairs. It makes my life easier. Only 10minutes walk to shinjuku station which has direct access to airport and tokyo station. Room is really small but clean and comfy. There is window in the room which is great. Price is affordable an reasonable. Water boiler, hair dryer, toiletries, tea, coffee are provided. Staff are very helpful and speaking english very well. I enjoy my stay!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ibis.Tokyo.Shinjuku, Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for sharing a wonderful experience of your recent stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. I am thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us at the best value and service. As an international economy hotel located in the central Tokyo, we strive to offer the most reasonable price at the best value and it is our great pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services, room, amenities and location. I very much appreciate your compliment on the quality of services and I have passed your kind comments to all the team who appreciate your time and we look forward to have an opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Tokyo.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Cheap Hotel but definitely worth staying here. The location is fantastic with only a 5 minute walk to the station, convenient 7 eleven and family mart on every corner and a store next door, chemist down stairs along with McDonald's. The room is small so your luggage does get in the way but if you're just wanting somewhere to sleep and relax while exploring Tokyo this is perfect. breakfast is 1200 yen and the buffet was pretty good. I would recommend this Hotel and i will be booking it again with my next stay in Tokyo.
Staff is friendly and very helpful, their English is not too bad either.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review of your recent stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. It brings me great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel location where you can easily access to the Shinjuku’s iconic sights, various shops, restaurants/bars. I am also delighted that you were well looked after with a freindly service and that we took care of everything that you needed. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations with our best value and service at a reasonable price.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you next have a chance to visit Tokyo. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance or assist with a future booking.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

booked a triple room in June last year - rooms 3 star, location 5 star. right next to piss alley/under the bridge to Kabukicho etc.... mcdonalds 24hrs downstairs.

if you wanna stay in shinjuku this is the cheap place to stay.leaving the key at reception as you leave is annoying, but mostly just pretend and keep the key in your pocket and youre good to go!

so many ramen and 280 yen izakaya in the area. Karaoke-Kan nomihodai all you can sing / drink until 5am is about 40 bucks

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku.
I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were able to benefit from the hotel’s brilliant location, with so many of Shinjuku’s delights within walking distance of the hotel.

We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku for your next visit to Tokyo.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

If you like to explore the Shinjuku area, you probably would like to stay at Ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. Walk for 1 minute and you already arrive in the landmark of Shinjuku. The nearest station for subway is the Nishi Shinjuku (Oedo Line) and walk for 5 minutes within the shopping area and you will arrive at JR Shinjuku station that always packed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ibis.Tokyo.Shinjuku, Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for posting a review of the hotel location with details, and we appreciate your recent stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found us to be in a perfect location to explore the city of Shinjuku.

We look forward to having an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a straight-forward hotel in a good location in Tokyo! Very close to the Shinjuku Station that serves several lines, a good base if you intend to really explore the city!

I had a room for one, so it's quite small. But, I'm not always in the hotel so that's ok. The staff are very friendly and efficient, quite good with the English language as well. Very helpful and will always serve you with a smile.

Rooms are always made up and the bathroom amenities, they use Shiseido! quite cool! :)

Considering the hotel rates in Tokyo, this is actually a good value! :)

Room Tip: If you're solo, use your charm to get upgraded to the next one! :)