If you book an Ibis hotel, you will have certain expectations about a clean room, bathroom and bed. This place certainly met those requirements (although the shower was only 5' above the bath) and the free in room Wi-Fi was very welcome too. The reception process was straightforward and the staff spoke good English and were very helpful with a few location and travel queries that I had. There is a decent coffee shop on the premises although if all you want is coffee it is expensive compared to other coffee shops nearby. The location is great - just 5 minutes walk west on Shinjuku Statin station, in a safe area. All in all, I was very happy with the hotel and would happily stay there again.
A few things to note:
1. No coffee in the rooms - only tea
2. You will need a Japanese plug adaptor
3. I was surprised to be charged a late check out fee when extending the checkout from 12:00 to 14:00, particularly when I had arrived after midnight. It seems a bit mean.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your ibis Tokyo Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Tokyo Sinjuku Hotel Shinjuku
- Star Hotel Shinjuku
- Ibis Tokyo Shinjuku