“A very convenient Hotel”

ibis Tokyo Shinjuku
Ranked #14 of 84 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Almost Complete Amenities - shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothbrush with little toothpaste, hairbrush, hair blower, coffee and tea....my only problem is that there is no complimentary water. you have to buy it at the vending machine located in each floor.

Room - clean and as expected, small. good enough for rest and sleep. not for people who have huge luggages.

Location - fantastic. a few minutes walk to nearest JR Shinjuku Station -- easy to explore other parts of tokyo. near lots of malls, boutiques and places of interest. walking around will not be boring.

Staff - very friendly and accommodating. Receptionists speak decent english.

Breakfast - usual fare. omelet, bacon (which I like), salad, bread, etc. it is buffet style so you could choose what you want.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
ibis.Tokyo.Shinjuku, Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for taking your time to write a wonderful review and details of your recent stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and highly valued the services, amenities, location and breakfast.

With regard to the water service, I am afraid that complementary water service is not available at our best value, and the tab water in the room is safe to drink.

I will share your kind review with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku.

Sales Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Welcome to Tokyo, where space is extremely valuable. The room I had in this hotel was actually extremely small. But it was comparable to other rooms in Japan, in similarly priced hotels. Room and bathroom were also not new anymore. While this is, I think a "new" Ibis in this area, I do not think this is a new hotel.
But... location is great, at only 5 minutes walking from Shinjuku station from the airport bus terminal, and close to a gazillion shopping, eating and drinking places. The English-speaking staff is efficient and very helpful. Check-in and check-out went smoothly.
I will probably stay here again... location beats size.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for sharing a valuable feedback of your stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. It is my pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our efficient services and smooth check-in & check-out process. Location wise, we are located in the heart of Shinjuku where you can easily access within a walking distance to Shinjuku Station (JR/Tokyo Metro), restaurants/bars, other iconic sights and shopping area.

However, I am sorry that the room size standard did not meet your expectations. Currently there is only one ibis brand hotel in Japan and our hotel was the first ibis launched in November 2011. Although the hotel building was not completely new, we had extensive hotel renovations last year: decors, carpets, wall papers, bed mattresses, and other parts were refurbished.

I look forward to sharing your feedback with our team and sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku for your future stay.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 10, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibis.Tokyo.Shinjuku, Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very helpful and professional staff, great service, speedy wifi, strategic location. The cafe was good too, we shared pasta and waffles, and they exceeded our expectations.
The room was small, the window didn't open, and a building next door blocked the view, but that's just common in Japan.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for sharing a fantastic review of your stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. It is great pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful time with us and enjoyed our services, free WiFi, and accessible location. I also am pleased to know that the pasta and our popular Belgian waffles exceeded your expectations. In addition to the room size and view, we appreciate your kind understanding of the limited room spaces in central Tokyo and tall buildings that are surrounded around the hotel to obstruct the view.

Once again, thank you for your compliments and comments. If you decide to revisit Tokyo in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance. We look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Perfect central location,exit Shinjuku station Central west and a few minutes walk along the road.

Horrible experience started from check-in. Booked one room for three nights at a very premium price. Arrived at check-in, the lady told me I booked for one person. To accommodate two people, a surcharge of more than 10k Yen has to pay immediately. The surcharge was based on the spot hotel rack rate.

I've already paid premium price on Accor website, the rate decreased about 30% after my booking. I apologies for not reading the conditions in details at time of booking, but surcharge base on spot rack rate was unfair. We have no choice, but has to pay the on the spot penalty.

We are poor people that can only afford honeymoon@Ibis :( After on the spot surcharge, the rate was equal to 4 star hotel. Shame.

Apart from this, room is very small, but clean, nothing else to complain. One of the front desk lady was not friendly, the others are perfect.

Room Tip: Very small room Convenient location Choose number of guests carefully, otherwise has to pay penalt...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David W
ibis.Tokyo.Shinjuku, General Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

First of all, thank you for writing on TripAdvisor and sharing your comments and feelings with us.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the confusion and the misunderstanding in making your booking and checking in. My teams have simply done what should have been done. You have booked a single room and in Japan, Single rooms can only accommodate one person. We had to propose for an upper standard so that to be at your ease in the room, especially on such occasion.
Thank you once again for your comments, remaining should you need to discuss this issue directly with me. I will be delighted to hear from you.

My best regards
Kamel SENHADJI
Kamel.SENHADJI@ibis-shinjuku.com

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Located in central shinjuku, very close to train station. you can find many restaurants and 24 hour convenience store, sushi and everything, and McD is right at the ground floor of the hotel, nice ya. the room is small, the bathroom has bathtub, which is good. the staff are nice and speak english pretty good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments and impressions on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the different recommendations and advises to our potential visitors.

Wishing to welcome you again at Ibis Tokyo shinjuku, please accept my best regards.

Kamel SENHADJI
Kamel.SENHADJI@ibis-shinjuku.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Shinjuku Prince Hotel
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
#12 of 84 in Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo

Been to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku? Share your experiences!