Shinjuku Washington Hotel Main
$268
Hilton
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo(Shinjuku)
$230
$138
$102
Priceline
1,974 results
All reviewsfamily martunderground passagesouth exitconvenience storeminute walkannex buildingthird floortriple roomtop floorrooms are smallairport limousine busgovernment buildingshotel lobby isstayed for nightsfree internetramenjapanese hotels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Good
-Great location. (Slightly away from the the heart of shinjuku, but only a brief 10 minute walk from everything and is very easy to navigate.)
-Convenient location. (To get there exit "Minami Guchi" south exit of JR shinjuku. Make a right and walk about 10 minutes)
-Ease of transportation. (Taxi stand outside. JR Shinjuku about 5 minute walk)
-Family Mart and a block away.
-Laundry Facilities w/ a lounge area
-Internet access (wired)
-Clean good staff
-Safe area even late late at night.

Bad
-Rooms are small but standard for any business class hotel.
-No area for suitcase storage
-Bathroom is tiny but pretty standard.
-Rooms get warm and windows could not be opened.
-Pillows are hard
-Small tv with not much programming.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I read a million reviews of this hotel and my main worry was the room size, I'm 5ft 6 and my partner over 6ft....the room wasn't massive but it was fine! We stored our big luggage in the wardrobe and job done!

Everything about this place was great, AMAZING service at the English helpdesk, room cleaned very well everyday, no fuss and no hassle.

The location was also perfect...we wanted to be in the hub of everything Tokyo but without the noise and this ticked all the boxes, was only a 10 min max walk to the train station where you can get anywhere but Shinjuku itself was full of so much, will def be staying in this area and hotel next time.

Don't be fooled by the cheap price...on this occasion it doesn't reflect the standard, it's great!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I am a Japanese who knows very well around this area. Shinjuku is very convenient location, and this hotel is in the middle of its business area - surrounded by gorgeous skyscrapers. Shinjuku Washington Hotel is very impressive only from the outside. The room they offer was absolutely horrible. I booked my hotel through expedia. but the room was way too smaller than I was expected ( even with the Japanese standard ). With my suitcase open, I did not have any space to walk. The bathroom was very old and smlled like mold. it was just disguisting. You can hear everything from your next room or even from the hallway. Though I knew this hotel requires about 10 min walking from the JR train station, I decided to book this one because I thought my hotel experience will be good. It turned out - it was the worst thing I've done to myself. The hotel experience was absolutely not worth of any pennies, and the walking distance from the train station turned out to be the wate of my time. I have to say it is embarassing for the Japanese to offer this hotel to the tourists who want to have a good experience in Japan. The Final word - if you don't want to waste your money, don't choose this hotel. oh and I forgot to mention - the bed in my room was slanted for no reason and was apparently very uncomfortable....

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dunton3
Reviewed March 13, 2011

First of all, my prayers & blessings to the victims of the earthquake & tsunami. You are in my thoughts.

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days. I booked for a single room but was upgraded to a "double" which was a nice surprise even tho' in Japan, a "double" is pretty small compared to American standards. Since I was a solo traveler, the room worked out great! Yes the room was very hot since its like everywhere in Japan where indoors is heated to the maximum, there is an option to call the front desk and have a staff to come and open the window for you. I actually like this hotel because it was very convenient. FamilyMart is right downstairs and the walk from Shinjuku Station (use the SOUTH GATE EXIT) is not that bad. The beds are slightly on the hard side but I do not like too soft of a mattress so it was perfect for me. The staff are polite and housekeeping was good at replenishing clean towels and emptying the garbage.
The ONLY cons I have was the hairdryer that was provided in the bathroom...it was super weak. Not sure if it was the same in other rooms but if you use the hairdryer often, please bring one of your own from home.
Other than that, I have to say, I actually miss my hotel room.
After a long day of exploring/sightseeing, I look forward to going back to my room to recharge to start again the next day.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank mcrdh
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Stayed here at start of honeymoon, 4 nights. Staff were friendly and helpful, it was an easy stay. We had a problem with our room on our second night and we were immediately upgraded to a suite and breakfast was thrown in for free for the rest of our stay. Couldn't fault it at all, would return here if we ever get the chance to go back to Japan.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple