“Amazing New York Bar”
Review of Park Hyatt Tokyo

Park Hyatt Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 83 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Stopped off at the New York bar on the recommendation of a friends blog. What an amazing place!!!! It's the 52nd floor over looking Tokyo and has one of the best views of the city I believe.
If your not staying at the Hyatt you will have to pay a hefty cover charge per person (as we did on jazz night). However it's worth it for the experience.

Tip: the Bellini is delicious!! And get a window seat, it can be hard to find when walking around the streets as its on top of a tower office building.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank redribbons112

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I arrived at the Park Hyatt Tokyo for 12-30 to 1-1-2013. We had a Park Hyatt King sized bed room with a view out to the bay. This was our first time to Tokyo and it was breathtaking. You first enter the 2nd floor entrance and then your bags are whisked away immediately by a porter. You are then escorted to the 41st floor where you meet the concierge. The concierge then escorts you and the porter to your room and reviews your billing information privately. The concierge also shows you the room controls and asks if there is anything else you would require. I've never seen this over the top level of customer service but i liked it. The hallways in the hotel are a teal silk wall covering and it is definitely posh and refined. I think we were on the 46th floor. Also the Japanese art in the elevators are comedic.

My wife was presented with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a bottle of champagne to celebrate our occasion. Nice touch!

The hotel breakfast in the french restaurant (41st floor) is a bit price at around ~$39/person but i do remember I am at a Park Hyatt and this is Tokyo. For that fixed price you get all you can drink coffee which is ground every time you request it. Your water glass is never empty and there is always someone willing to assist you. In your fixed breakfast you are allowed to have two (2) eggs any style and my wife and I wanted to have poached eggs which arrived at our table on top of mini English muffins which were perfect.

If anyone is considering this hotel to stay at, i advise you that in life there are places where you really get what you pay for. If you can afford a stay at the hotel it is beyond worth it.

Now for the New York Lounge, it is on the top floor, i think 51 or 52. I am a fan of the movie "Lost in Translation" and was aware of the hotels celebrity status before arriving. It was nice to see the filming locations while enjoying a drink and a canape. I was a bit disappointed with the level of smokers in the bar area but the view is BEAUTIFUL. It's a great opportunity to see all around the area and if your lucky you can see Mt. Fuji on a clear day.

Location: The PH Tokyo is located in the Shinjuku area which is considered West Tokyo by some. It's not the most convenient location due to the fact its a 15 minute walk to Shinjuku station. I still found the hotel convenient to the metro and the wonderful large park.

I only stayed two (2) nights at this hotel and I can say it is by far in the top two tied with Park Hyatt Shanghai.

Thank you Park Hyatt Tokyo for providing this forgotten level of customer service and superior Japanese hospitality!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tluehr1
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Wow. Where to start. The Park Hyatt Tokyo is a first class hotel with the most amazing views to be had at every turn.

From start to finish the staff at Park Hyatt went out of their way to give us an amazing stay. Upon check in we were greeted at the first floor lobby and ushered to the main lobby on the 41st floor. All I can say is wow! The views from every window were breath taking and I felt as if I could reach out and touch the clouds. The check in process was fast and we were swiftly ushered to our room on the 47th floor. Being that most hotel rooms in Japan are relatively small, I wasn't expecting much in the way of bathroom space. Boy, was I wrong! The bathroom was large with a deep soaking tub and separate shower and toilet area. Oh, and can we discuss the toilet? I will never be able to live without a toto washlet again! There was a sink along another wall flanked by 2 make-up vanity areas. The room itself was very roomy with a comfortable (hard) bed, separate seating area and desk. The main attraction, however, was the VIEW! On a clear day Mt. Fuji is visible and the sunrise/set from the 47th floor was spectacular.

New York Bar was one of my favorites in the city for drinks after a long day of walking around. The view there? Amazing.

The gym was small but nice and not too crowded. The view from gym? Unbelievable!

The food at the hotel was wonderful. From room service, girandole (restaurant off lobby), New York Bar, and Delicatessen on the office park level, all the food I consumed here was great!!!

The hotel is pretty much in a business district but it is a short walk to the shipping district and train station of Shinjuku.

The only complaint I have is that the concierge is a bit shy about giving western guests any suggestions of local, authentic Japanese food/experiences. We were mostly steered to "safe" places that wouldn't shock our delicate western palate. Lol. We quickly learned to not ask for many suggestions from them.

Over all my stay was perfect!!!

Stay here!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank allison P
Reviewed January 15, 2013

From the moment of entry (we were greeted upon arrival and then whisked away to "check-in" in our room), the details are attended to impeccably. A high rise within the Shinjuku district, the experience is a bit corporate and impersonal because of the location, and that it caters to business travelers. However, the rooms include 180 views of Tokyo, deep marble tubs, kimono robes (amenities such as bath salts and beauty products are included.) Reviewers rave about "New York Bar", which is nice and attracts a beautiful crowd, but I found this was my least favorite area of the hotel. I enjoyed the breakfast, the service, the architecture more than an over-priced bar with views. It is close to the Shinkjuku station, and if you don't feel like walking with your luggage, they provide a free shuttle service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jacqueline N
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Park Hyatt Tokyo is at the top of several vastly tall linked towers in the Shinjuku district of Tokyo. It is an Hotel at the top of its game. Great service, really smart rooms, expansive views of the city and a lovely bar and dining area. Try the pool at the top and see why it is frequented by the international celeby set. The bar area and hotel was the setting for the film" Lost in translation" and the hotel just accommodates your every need. The bathrooms are just fabulous. This is a world class hotel firing on all cylinders. Stayed there 5 days on two occasions and could not complain about anything at all. Try to ensure someone else pays!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank scousemanWesternCape
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I treated my partner to a two night stay at Park Hyatt Tokyo to celebrate his birthday. From booking to checking out, we had an incredible stay.
On checking in my partner was presented with a bouquet of flowers to celebrate his birthday, with members of staff wishing him a good birthday. The bedroom was superb, with the best view of any hotel I have stayed in. When we got to the bedroom, there was a gift of chocolates for my partner from the hotel. Additionally, the hotel had made a reservation for us at the top floor bar so that we could watch the sunset over the city, enjoy a lovely dinner and drink some great wine. The live jazz band topped off the night!
Breakfast provided a great range of delicious foods. Finally, that staff behaved professional, friendly and attentive throughout our stay.
This was a truly amazing experience for us both and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wombattoo
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Park Hyatt in one of their standard rooms. There's not much more I can say about the actual hotel facilities, rooms, or incredible views than what has already been said. Really, the hotel was amazing. But the part that REALLY made the hotel a truly world-class experience was the service. All of the staff were extremely friendly, attentive, helpful, and accommodating. The Park Hyatt was absolute perfection.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank suprchick77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Hilton Tokyo
Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo

Been to Park Hyatt Tokyo? Share your experiences!