Hyatt Regency Tokyo
$330
$274
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo(Shinjuku)
$224
$605
$377
JAPANiCAN.com
3,378 results
All reviewsshinjuku stationshuttle busclub roombit datedbusiness districtshuttle servicenarita airportmt fujibusiness hotelminute walkrooms are largeconvenient locationhotel is locatedearly checkthe hotel offersjapanese breakfastdecent size
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I enjoyed my 3-mite stay. Very convenient as a drop-off location for Airport Limosine from Narita (takes about 1.5 hours to get to hotel). The lobby staff is friendly and helpful; always someone to greet you off the elevator to direct you. The room was clean and comfortable; pretty plain. My biggest problem was the lack of outlets in the room and lack of wi-fi. They had wired connections and a free router to create your own wi-fi, but still amazed at lack of wi-fi. With my Platinum status, the internet was free, but only costs $3 if you want it in your room. The gym was relatively small and somewhat cramped, and costs $20 without Hyatt status. The restaurants onsite were good and convenient, but somewhat expensive. There are plenty of other options in walking distance if you ask the concierge.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Overall this hotel is good for us who want easy access but far away from tourists roaming around. You know how noisy they will get when there are huge groups of tourists in and out of the hotel. They do provide prompt every-15-minutes-gap shuttle from hotel to Shinjuku station. This hotel also has a direct subway line to Tokyo station for those who takes the Narita express train to Narita airport.
We got an upgraded room that has the view of Shinjuku garden. Room is spacious and clean. I must praise these people:- Kudou, Suganuma, Oniki, K.C Rai and Hitomi for making our room clean and comfortable each time we return to our room.
On the B1 floor you can find a 7-11 and Family Mart convenient store.
Surrounding area there is a supermarket and some family restaurants for breakfast if you don't want to breakfast in the hotel.
Overall, we love our 6 days stay here in Hyatt Regency. I just got a bit annoyed when I still need to pay 300YEN for wi-fi when this service is suppose to be complimentary or included in the package. At least complimentary for the hyatt Gold member. But the accessibility is unbeatable.

Room Tip: Please do apply the complimentary Hyatt Gold membership before you book any Hyatt hotels as the privileges are really worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Danish H
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is a very Japanese Hotel that got re-branded Hyatt regency. Before it was called Century Hyatt, probably referring to the geriatric male staff that seem to run the place.

I stay 250 days in hotels per year and I am fairly spoiled when it comes to traveling. My stay at Hyatt Regency Tokyo was interesting ;-)

It starts with arrival: If your getting out of a cab, expect to move your luggage yourself. Nobody greets you in the lobby. Only after they saw my GP level (Hyatt loyalty program), the guys suddenly became very friendly and helpful.

The Hotel is mainly 70 style décor with fat carpets and tacky chandeliers, with small pockets of recently upgraded areas.

My room was very small, but nicely designed with a glass covered bathroom and lots of warm materials, a bit like super potato design. Careful, the hotel has different rooms and some of them are very very old my colleague told me. I was lucky and got an upgrade as part of my Diamond status.

However, the nice design can not cover all the shortcomings. There is no light in the spacious wardrobe and there is no light falling into the closet. I told the hotel and the staff showed me the emergency torch, no joke. Overall, quite nice and creative lighting, unfortunately way too much creativity in the bathroom, completely unusable and of course in the wardrobe.

If you are 190cm tall the bathroom is not for you, there is a slight lack of height.

There was no no plug adapter in the room, all sockets are Japanese. They will bring one to your room fast. The worst thing, there is no central wifi network. In a world that has more mobile enabled devices than toothbrushes this is a bit of a joke. They have a workaround and they give you a small wifi modem that you plug into your LAN network plug. Problem, the network is slow, always disconnects you and I was only able to link my MAC, iPhone and iPad I failed to connect and had to go to the Regency Club to get my wifi fix.

There is no iPod dock in the room, thought that would be standard at that level of hotel.

The gym is a small and has very little free weights for grown ups. The cardio machines only have two English TV channels.

The Regency club is big, the food and beverage selection is a bit boring. Club staff is fairly arrogant, best thing is to ask the girls. The old guys are the worst, I have the suspicion that all the old and grumpy guys that they cant get rid off are send to this hotel.

Some more shortcomings, no newspaper in the morning for two days. Last morning I got the Wall Street Journal, which I never ordered.

Only in Japan, weddings are held in the tacky lobby, right next to check-in counter.
Unfortunately you can hear it in your room, if you are lower than level 9.

To sum it up, I will most probably not return so fast and I am really looking forward to my next stay at the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi.

Room Tip: high floor, Fuji view, ask if the room is upgraded
2  Thank Fernlicht
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hyatt Regency Shinjuku is a competent hotel.
Having stayed in all three Hyatt properties... this is no Park Hyatt Shinjuku (of lost in translation fame) or Grand Hyatt in Roppongi. But it does its job well competently and refreshed room has brought this hotel back to the 21st century (almost... as public areas still look dated) and does not have the $$$$ price tag of its more esteemed siblings.

Getting from airport
Limousine bus will drop you off at the lobby from Narita. Very good, if somewhat cramped seats but no fault of hotel.

Location
A brisk 15 minute walk from Shinjuku JR station but compensated by regular hotel shuttle bus that runs frequently. A Tokyo metro station right underground which depending on where you are going can be quite convenient

Check in and service
Usual Japanese excellent service

Rooms
Renovated rooms are quite typical of modern Asian Hyatt properties done by the Japanese super potato group. Zen minimalist with wooden highlights- which I quite like. Rooms are compact as you would expect in Japan.

Fitness Centre
Nice compact fitness centre with nice view on top floor

As a a Hyatt Diamond member I get access to the Regency Club which again has slick efficient formal service. Decent breakfast spread and happy hour.

Hint- Favourite experience
Take shuttle bus to Shinjuku station get off and go downstairs to Odakyu department store basement food stall and buy yummy sushi for good price and experience

Room Tip: View to park is nicer
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Koreaninsingapore
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have stayed at the hotel for about 10 times in as many years. The services had been superb in the past. However, my latest stay was seeing a sign which is happening right around Tokyo - a slight decline in the attentiveness. I have to stress it is only a small decline but noticeable. House keeping was great but that I got only one paper crane over 4 days (cost cutting?) of stay. I was a bit upset by the bell captain on how my garment bag was handled - somehow the hanger slipped into the bag and he just threw the whole bag around - surely they would have tried to extract the hanger out in the past!