The Hyatt Regency is an older hotel and it shows in the decor, but it is still a nice place to stay. Will definitely opt to stay here again.
-Close to Shinjuku station. Easy walk and hotel has a regular shuttle bus to the station
-Most of the staff is friendly and helpful. This was my second stay and I noticed that a few of the staff at the front desk weren't quite as helpful as the first time, but still a lot better than many hotel.
- Hotel can arrange the Airport Limousine bus for returning to either airport.
- Bed is super comfortable. I was a bit disappointed when I had to return home to my own less comfortable mattress.
- If you're a "Gold Passport Member" at platinum level, they have free pastries, coffee and tea as an option for lighter breakfast. This also makes up for the 3000¥ breakfast buffet.
- Power outlets in awkward locations around the room. None by the bed, one on the desk and one by the TV, but 2 by the closet and front door. Means you can't charge your phone next to the bed while you sleep and have it in easy reach for alarm clock.
- Restaurants are extremely expensive. If you arrive tired and don't feel like going out to find food, you will pay dearly. 3000yen for breakfast buffet, more for a cooked breakfast.
- From time to time you can hear noises in the hall, or from heavy footed upstairs guests, and even occasionally the traffic below (I was on 20th floor). But it wasn't noisy enough to wake me from deep sleep.
- No wifi in the room or in main areas of the hotel. This would be fine if traveling on vacation, but a bit troublesome when traveling on business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business-oriented High-rise Hotel with seven-story Atrium, situated in commercial area of Shinjuku, facing Shinjuku Central Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, JAPANiCAN, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Rakuten, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hyatt Regency Shinjuku
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Tokyo
- Hyatt Tokyo
- Hyatt Regency Tokyo Shinjuku