Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
  • Pool
Ryokan
Keiunso(Shibuya)
4,328 results
All reviewsmain towerglass courtplaza premier roomluxe loungeshinjuku stationsouth winghuge hotelconvenience storerenovated roomhotel restaurantsairport limousine busbusy hotelconvenient locationwest exitmt fujisushilarge room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Came to Tokyo on a whim.
Well it wasn't a whim but more like the realization of a last minute trip my coworker and I had talked about over many coffee breaks.
So having never stayed at the Keio Plaza Hotel in Tokyo, I decided to book two rooms for late April.
The rain was already there when we arrived at Shinjuku Station.
The showers that follow the falling cherry blossoms was here to take the remaining petals off their branches as well as hurry us to the hotel.
I was a little sad the season came early this year but at least it opened up our schedules.
And since I was shifting roles from coworker to tour guide, I found it a little relieving to have more free time for our week in Japan.
In the 10-minute cab ride to the hotel, I was anxious as to what my coworker was expecting.
You see, my co-worker is old school. Maybe classical old school if there exists such an old school. The kind of old school who talks about 10-hour flights from the West Coast to Hawaii, quotes Cary Grant, and knows a Benny Goodman tune about 20 seconds after the first instrument plays.

But the way his face lit up when we arrived told me that I had made the right selection when it came to where we staying for the week.

The Keio Plaza is about a 15 minute walk from Shinjuku Station and has everything one needs while staying in Tokyo. There is a nice selection of restaurants, English-speaking staff, various gift shops, Free in-room WIFI- which I did not encounter any problems with, a great bar on the 45th floor to unwind after those long adventurous days, and of course the convenience store on the lower level. The latter of which is a great place to pick up something to enjoy the sunrise with from your room's window. Staff were also very helpful when my coworker locked himself out of the room three times. After the second time, they had his room key already made out at the desk

Throughout our week in Tokyo, the Keio Plaza wasn't only our hotel but our haven from the bustling city. We got into the routine of waking up early, heading out into the city, returning to nap, and then I would venture out again while my coworker slept. Shinjuku has a nice park not too far from the hotel. There are also a lot of great shops and restaurants to look for souvenirs, experience new foods, or just stroll around and admire not how different we are from one another but how similiar we each are to each other.

At the end of our trip, I made my way to Haneda Airport and elsewhere in Asia while my coworker went to Narita Airport. The Limo Bus for both airport stops directly in front of the hotel so it is very convenient.

If you have not decided where to stay yet, I highly suggest the Keio Plaza. It is great for anyone visiting Tokyo to make money, see things, or create memories to talk about during coffee breaks not with a coworker but with a once-in-a-lifetime friend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Everything is clean and smells good. Service is prompt (like less than 5 minutes after you called). It is also very close to the mall and train station. Everybody is hospitable and they speak good English!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We spent 6 nights at the Keio Plaza in June and stayed in the main tower. We were very pleased with how large the room was. We arrived about 9 PM and check in was quick and easy. Never had to touch our bags until we unpacked in our room. The baggage folks were at the limo bus to take them for us and waited while we checked in. The lobby does get busy during the day , but hey this a very large hotel. The Guest Relation desk helped us on several occasions with dinner reservations and taxi service. Great location for train connections and exploring Shinjuku itself. We didn't bring our laptop but they have a business center where you can use the hotels computer for only 100 yen for 15 minutes. The hotel has many places to eat and we enjoyed their dinner buffet . But there are numerous places to eat within an easy walk including a Sizzler about a 100 yards from the front door .
The staff was always friendly and helpful , loved the folks at the guest relations desk. As we walked in one evening after exploring shinjuku one of the Hotel staff greeted us with " welcome home " , ya , how nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terry K
Reviewed July 2, 2013

First of all, the bell boys, the clean staff, and the restaurant staff are all very polite. However, the very poor service from the front desk gave you a bad experience for the rest of the stay. This poor front service has been commented by other reviewers. The front desk staff are robotic, impersonal, and inflexible to the nth degree. The inflexibility, the "I don't care you are my customer" attitude, is a real turn off.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Dis D
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My second trip to the Keio Plaza in the heart of Shinjuku. This is a large and sometimes impersonal hotel, with two very large towers. If you get a room on higher floors (I was on the 29th) you do get a great view over Tokyo, or save up and try a drink in the penthouse bar. This offers typical Tokyo prices in this style of hotel bar, which, as the location suggests are sky-high. The rooms are big enough and well equipped, although the Wi-Fi, which to operate you have to get a router from reception, is random. I only got it two work one evening out of three. The location is great, right in the heart of things and next to Shinjuku station. Breakfast is good in either the coffee house next to reception of in one of the lower floor restaurants. However, the service at reception didn't have that usual Japanese friendly and efficient feel to it I have experienced in other hotels in Japan. Overall a good hotel in a good location. Not cheap - but where is in this city? Recommended if you need rail travel and the bright lights of Shinjuku.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business