“Good hotel, have everything covered”

Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Stayed for 7 nights in the beginning of December 2011. Got upgraded to the Plaza comfort room in the south building. The room itself is big with a king size bed which sleeps me, my wife and our 4 year old comfortably. The bed is very comfortable. the bathroom has separate bath tub and shower with excellent water pressure. Bathroom amenities are being added every day. The down part is the carpet which looks old. The room itself looks a little dated but clean. Breakfast was ok, got really bored after a couple of days since they don't change their breakfast menu. Glass Court restaurant seems to have the best breakfast choice even if you can choose to dine in other 2 restaurants, the Japanese and the cafe restaurant, which menus are even more limited. I have breakfast included in my room rate other wise you'd have to pay JPY2900 each for breakfast which I don;'t think worth it. If I had to pay for breakfast, I'd rather walk a block and go to Denny's instead. Oh, the coffee at this hotel is very strong and I, as a coffee person, can only endure a cup per day.

For conclusion, I really like this hotel for its room, amenities and price. And it's very conveniently located just a short walk to Shinjuku station and many department stores. I really like that the Airport limousine bus stop right at the hotel and it has free Disneyland shuttle as well.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wate49
Write a ReviewReviews (4,145)

Reviewed December 8, 2011

Located in the heart of Shinjuku within walking distance to Kabukicho and Shinjuku Station. Travelled from Haneda Airport by Airport Limousine Bus and the bus stops at the Hotel. Room is large and well appointed and breakfast is acceptable.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank feibeesi
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nites..we got the deluxe room that is recently renovated. The room was spacious..bed was comfy..location couldn't be better. It is about 5 minutes walk to the train station and the shopping area. We didn't find any problem finding places to eat or shop. Breakfast in the Glass court was superb..extensive choice..tasty! The best part of this hotel is they give you a free bus ride to disney parks..just make sure to call the bell captain and book it since they got pretty full once in a while.

I highly recommended this hotel. I would be back in a heart beat!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank pinkfransis
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The Keio Plaza hotel was the last part of my 2 week travel across China, Korea and Japan. Massive hotel. 2 Towers. I was delighted that there was an airport bus that brought me directly to the hotel, otherwise I would have been lost.

On arrival, I was told that I was being upgraded to Club level, which meant I could use the Club lounge. However, I found the room to be older than what I booked, however, it was fine for what I needed.

The World Gymnastics Finals were on and it looked like all the athletes were staying in the hotel, so queuing up for breakfast on the Sunday and Monday morning was a bit of a pain. Dinners were very expensive in the hotel for just one person.

Service was very good, so I cannot fault it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We spent our final 4 nights in the Keio, and although our other hotels were all good, this made the trip a pleasure...

The room (Premier King) was great, very big, clean and great views.

The hotel service was great, bringing additional bedding for our young girls without extra charge, and bringing kids yakata and slippers every day (which was a massive hit with the girls).

Location wise... there is a short walk to the main Shinjuku station...with loads of food options in the immediate area... Next door to the Metropoletan Building (with a free observation deck).

Overall, a very good stay with no negatives.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CoffeenCreamnCookies
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Such a magnificient room! Clearly recently refurbushid, and it looks like the socalled Plaza Premier rooms have been created using the place of two former regular rooms. Huge rooms; made the big flatscreen look tiny. Great views, and good location. Very stylish interior (bathroom could have been a bit more 21th century though) and top end amenities (dvd player/tea/coffee/minibar/fridge/bathroom frequently stocked with all kinds of l'Occitane stuff).

We wouldn't hesitate returning to Keio Plaza although the rest of the (gigantic) hotel didn't really appeal to us (we did not use the dining options - but did use the little convenience store on the first floor; very convenient indeed!).

Room Tip: Regular rooms seem (under)average - Plaza rooms however are excellent so go ahead and spend some mor...