Almost boringly high-quality Hilton international site. Room and service consistent with other Hilton business traveler properties in major international cities. On par with Hilton Paris La Defense, which is high praise indeed.
The property sits more or less above the Nishi-Shinjuku subway station, so transit can be accessed without getting out in the weather, but it is a little bit of a hike. The main Shinjuku station is a fairly short walk the other direction, and the underground there is far more entertaining. If you are heading towards the Ginza, that short walk cuts out two stops.
The room was business/executive-level, which is a step up from the standard, and seemed to be well worth the difference in cost. The room was moderately spacious, very clean, well-appointed and tastefully decorated.
In keeping with the Japanese culture of cleanliness, the in-room shower and toilet facilities were far above the normal expected even for higher-end hotels.
The shower and tub are separate but co-located, with water draining on (and into) the floor, which is a little disconcerting for Americans, but quickly overlooked because of the abundant supply of water at just about any temperature desired. Tall people (>6') will have no problems with the shower. The deep tub is shorter than the standard American version, so it's a wash (so to speak) for us tall ones.
The toilets are almost a tourist attraction in and of themselves, and verge on needing an instruction manual. Who knew "personal time" could be so entertaining?
The breakfast buffet was also typical of Hilton international sites, with a very good selection of locally-supplied Western and Japanese fare. The breakfast should be able to satisfy all but those with extreme dietary requirements/prejudices.
The staff was always polite and helpful. Common areas were open, airy and, as expected, very clean. There was a high-end custom chocolate and baked goods kiosk distressingly near the main desk and elevators, good enough to cause many to impulsively abandon diets and risk diabetic shock, me included.
Overall, a thoroughly excellent property in an equally excellent location.
I would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tokyo is located in Shinjuku, the heart of Tokyo's business, shopping and entertainment district, and is an ideal place to experience modern Japan. A complimentary shuttle operates between the hotel and Shinjuku station and the Tokyo Metro subway is connected to the hotel. Relax in one of the modern Japanese-style rooms and admire stunning city views. The hotel offers WiFi and internet access throughout all rooms and public space. Rejuvenate in the 24-hour on-site health club and relax in the sauna or soothing whirlpool spa. Play tennis on the rooftop courts or swim laps in the indoor pool. Exercise with Technogym equipment, the official supplier of the Olympics and Paralympics. TSUNOHAZU expresses folkloric traditions and boundless energy of the Shinjuku neighborhood in an open-format space composed of colorful materials, surprising design elements and four distinct dining and entertainment zones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, JAPANiCAN, Rakuten, Cheap Tickets, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hilton Hotel Tokyo
- Hilton International Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Hilton
- Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku